35: Gatecrashing a date!

"I will come tomorrow to cheer for you," I said as I dropped Senthil.

Mohan Sir had instructed Senthil to be back before lunch to watch the match of the opponent team against whom they will be playing tomorrow.

Senthil hesitated before saying, "I don't want you to leave."

"I will stay," I said, blushing furiously.

We both headed inside and took seats a little distant from our schoolmates. That was the first time we spoke to each other in the absence of a book and a table. Honestly, I didn't know what to say, but mercifully Senthil said the thing that ensured I will talk for hours.

"You said something about the Edward Cullen Act on your first day of school. I had never heard of such an Act being passed."

I couldn't control my laugh, "LOL!"

"Why are you barking like a dog!"

"Barking like a dog? Oh my god! LMAO!"

He looked at me like I spoke an alien language. I clutched my stomach and laughed, unable to control myself.

"Do you have any idea how cute you are?" I said.

He rolled his eyes, which made me laugh even more. He looked at me frustratedly.

"Fine, fine, I will explain. The Edward Cullen Act is not any Act passed by the government. Edward Cullen is a fictional character. LOL and LMAO are slang."

After that, I told Senthil the story of the 'Twilight Saga', opening with 'Twilight', ending with the 'Breaking dawn'. We didn't notice the volleyball match had ended and we were the only people left. I was busy debating why I would prefer Jacob Black over Edward. Senthil sat there silently looking at me with a smile edged on his lips

"Anu," I looked up to see Sai running towards us.

"Sai! What are you doing here?"

Sai was smiling ear to ear, "Came to see you, of course."

I looked at him dubiously, is this some retaliation plan for banging his nose.

He smiled at me exactly knowing what I was thinking, "Trust me, I am not here for any devious plan."

"Fine, why are you here?"

"I came to thank you."

"Thank me?" I asked dubiously.

It's a fishy thing to do for Sai, why the hell does he have to thank me? Our morning pleasantry today did end with a banged nose.

"Stop looking like a baboon."

"Baboon! Are you sure you came to thank me?" I asked with my eyes flashing.

"Yes, I am sure."

"Fine, thank me and be on your merry way."

Sai just laughed and propped down next to me. An irate Senthil observed us.

"Sai... I am on a date. You are gatecrashing my date."

"Fine, I will leave. I was so happy and wasn't thinking straight. See you later." Sai stood up to leave with real hurt in his eyes.

Now I felt guilty. I pulled him back by his shirt making him sit. "Tell me what had you in such a good mood. Then leave."

"You haven't guessed already?"

"Really!" I squealed and jumped. We both held hands and jumped like kids.

"Ya! Dad agreed to let me decide where I want to do residency."

"Oh, Sai! I am so happy for you!" I threw my arms around him as I squealed.

"And he let me borrow his Range Rover, I wanted to take it to spin with you."

"I would love to."

"Thanks, Anu."

"You don't have to thank me, really I didn't do much."

"No... You did it all, thanks."

I smiled uncomfortably, "Sai, you don't have to thank me."

"I am sorry I gatecrashed your date. I will leave now. Call me when you are free. I want to celebrate. I will pick you and have someone drive the Cooper back"

"Ok"

"I wish I could kiss you, but I will honour your request and do it privately," he whispered conspiratorially with a wink.

"Jerk," I said, smiling at his retreating back. He just waved without turning back.

I turned to find Senthil's seat empty. I circled the whole ground looking for him, but he was nowhere to be found. Thinking he went to the restroom, I decided to wait. I was seated for quite some time but Senthil never came back. To my annoyance, Thirumala took Senthil's vacant seat.