15: People can hyperventilate when kissed, just like Bella Swan!

He caught me by the waist before I slipped. If you are imagining the type of fall and catch that is typical of romantic movies you are wrong. His hands didn't slip around my waist nor did he pull me closer, he just held me at arm's length before setting me down.

I wish Senthil was a bit more romantic. He could at the least flirt!

Before entering the falls he pulled my clutch off my wet hairs, my breathing hitched as his hands brushed my cheek.

"Come," he held out his hand, I took it, feeling a tingle all over my body.

We entered the falls, even though it was little, the water poured in a thick curtain on our heads. I was unprepared and was out of breath, I pulled my head out and breathed heavily.

When I looked at Senthil he stood under the falls with his eyes closed and his head turned up. He looked at me suddenly as though he could sense me staring at him. I shook my head and ducked back into the falls.

The force of the water caused my body to ache. After several minutes I said, "I can't take it anymore, my body aches all over."

He nodded and silently offered his hand and guided me to dry rocks, we both settled down. My stomach gave an audible rumble. Senthil stood up abruptly.

"Are we leaving?"

"No, wait a minute," saying he left me alone in the clearing.

He wasn't back for more than a minute. I was afraid there were wolves in the forest. Before I started having a panic attack he returned, handing me a small bag.

"Here."

It was filled with jackfruits, vadai (South Indian snacks) and raw mangos dusted with paprika.

"Where did you get this?"

"I noticed you didn't eat much today, so I bought it before we left school."

We didn't speak for a while as we ate.

"Are you alright now?" he asked.

"Yes," I answered honestly.

The tightness in my chest which was growing the whole day had gone. I smiled at him and said "Thanks."

We sat silently for a long time. Without warning an insect flew and hit me in the eyes.

"Aww!" I screamed, clutching my eyes.

"What happened?" Senthil asked with panic.

"Something flew into my eye." It was irritating as hell.

"Let me see," he said urgently.

He pulled my hand away from my eye. He held my face in one and with the other, he forced my eye open and blew lightly in it. I felt better.

We were standing so close our bodies were almost touching. He didn't drop his hand from my face, I found myself leaning onto his hands. Desire coursed through my body. I wanted his touch so badly. He moved closer to me, goosebumps raised all over my body as I felt the heat radiating from his body through my clothes.

He leaned his head closer to mine, our noses touching each other. How could I feel his hot breath all over my body? I wanted him to kiss me. It was no longer a desire, it became a need. His breathing hitched, but he still didn't kiss me. I couldn't take it any longer. I closed the distance and gently brushed my lips against his.

He stiffened, I pulled my lips back. But before I could move, his arms held me from moving. He crushed his lips to mine. He was not gentle, his kiss was raw and full of need. I felt my knees growing weak, his other arm wrapped around my waist as he pulled me closer.

He deepened the kiss, I kissed him back welcoming his intrusion. I let out a moan as he pulled me even closer. But he stiffened and stopped abruptly at the sound. He let go of me and stepped back.

He started hyperventilating as he walked back and forth.

"Senthil, what's wrong?"

He was muttering and breathing hard, I caught a few words though, "Can't... Hate... out of control... worst.."

His rejection stung. I felt humiliated. Was my kiss that bad to be called worst? I might have started it, but he kissed me back. If he hated it so much why kiss me at all. I fought hard to control my tears, I will not cry in front of him.

My inner voice loaded me with guilt and embarrassment.

I turned and walked away.

"Where the hell are you going?" came the angry voice of Senthil.

I didn't reply but kept walking. He dared to get angry after kissing and rejecting me. Now I felt my anger rising too.

"You are going the wrong way."

Damn me and my non-existent sense of direction.

"Ananya, stop!"

I didn't. I was humiliated enough for today. I am not going to turn back and walk behind him in silence. I don't care if I get lost in the forest. I am not accepting his help ever again.

"Ananya, I said stop," he shouted, I didn't.

I felt something prick my feet, damn I have forgotten to wear my heels back. Damn you Senthil, damn you, heels.

"Ananya, please stop." His voice sounded closer, I tried to speed up but whatever pricked my legs was now became more painful and I couldn't walk fast.

He pulled me by my hand and made me stop.

"Don't touch me," I shouted.

He let me go. "Please," he pleaded.

I folded my hands and refused to look at him. "Come, I will take you home."

He walked away and returned with my heels. I took it. He held out his hand to help me. I just stared at it till he let it fall. With a heavy sigh, he ran his hand through his hair.

"Please," he pleaded again. I nodded, for getting lost in the forest was not my first choice.

He turned and started walking. The pathetic puppy I was, I followed him in silence. My foot ached, but not more than my heart. Ignoring the sting in my feet I walked behind him.

We reached our grandparents' house, without looking at him I went inside.

"Ananya, your bag," he called after me.

To hell with my bag, I ignored him and opened the door.

Boom! I screamed.