Part 12

Snap out of it Y/n!

"Y/n! I made pancakes! Here try some!" Peter explained shoving a plate into you hands. The plate held 3 mini chocolate chip pancakes, 2 pieces of bacon, a sausage link, and scrambled eggs.

"You didn't burn it this time right?" You teased. Every other time Peter had attempted to make breakfast, he has burnt it or set it on fire.

"For once, I didn't burn it." He laughed.

"Good job Pete." You sat down at the table next to Nat and Wanda and took a few bites of the food. "Peter this is amazing!"

"Yeah it is. Kid, are you sure you made this?" Tony teased.

"Yes Mr. Stark." Peter replied with a big smile. He grabbed a plate, loaded it with food and sat down between Tony and Steve.

Meanwhile, Nat was distracted and talking to Bruce. You slowly and discreetly reached your hand over to her plate and tried to take one of her pancakes. Bad idea. Why did I think that trying to steal food from a super spy and deadly assassin would work? Nat whipped her arm around and stabbed your hand with her fork without breaking conversation with Bruce. You yelped and drew your hand back to yourself quickly before she could do it again. The fork did not penetrate your skin but it did leave a mark and hurt like hell.

"Ow! Fuck!" You yelped.

"Language!" Everyone said in unison, mocking Steve, then bursting into laughter.

"It was one time guys. Are you ever going to let that go?"

"No." Everyone chimed.

You all ate and went your separate ways. Well, that was until the mission alarm sounded loudly.

"PARKER?! YOU BETTER BE IN THIS COMPOUND!" Tony yelled jokingly from his lab. You giggled.

You put your suit on, grabbed your gear, and sprinted to the jet. You had to wait for everyone else to get ready and on the jet for a few minutes.

Once everyone was on, Nat got into the pilot seat and took off. You were sat next to Peter and Wanda on the jet. Bucky sat across from you.

"Metal Man, this better not be another joke or I won't hesitate to take your metal arm and beat you with it." You said sternly.

"Relax Cupcake. It's not. I'd rather not get my ass kicked by Natasha." He smirked. You rolled your eyes.

Nat landed the jet about twenty minutes later in the forest outside a hydra base, using trees for cover and to make the team as inconspicuous as possible.

You all filed out of the jet quickly yet discreetly with your gear and equipment. The cold winter breeze stung your face as you walked out.

Cap and Bucky were first to go in. Tony and Sam were in their suits flying around the base scoping the outside areas from above Clint was in a tree doing Hawk things. Pietro was speeding around the inside ground level, fast enough so nobody would see him of course and only cause a distraction with the blue blur and gusts of wind. Thor and Loki went in after Cap and Bucky. Wanda and Nat walked in after them. You and Peter followed. Bruce stayed in the jet like always, waiting to see if it was a code green.

"We got 12 heat signatures on the upper east floor and 9 on the upper west." Tony said through the comms.

"We got 13 guys on ground level." Pietro informed.

"4 guarding the doors." Bucky added.

"See anymore?" You asked the team. They all said no.

"AVENGERS...ASSEMBLE!" Steve yelled.

You all searched the building, taking out any guys that you cam across. You, Bucky and Loki were on the ground floor, fighting the last of the Hydra agents. You were fighting a agent when one of the ones you had already knocked out stood up with all the energy he had left and shot you. The bullet hit you in the thigh and you dropped to the ground, clutching your leg.

"Y/N!!" Bucky yelled. Loki turned around and they both ran over to you.

"Guys Y/n's hit." Bucky said through comms.

"Take her to the jet. I'll handle them." Loki said quickly.

Bucky picked you up off the ground, being careful of your open wound. He ran out the base and onto the jet, sitting you gently on the floor to assess your injury.

"Jarvis scan Y/n's leg and check for breaks." He called out.

"There are no breaks detected Mr. Barnes. However the bullet did not go all the way through. It is still in her leg. You are going to have to extract it before she bleeds out." Jarvis replied.

Bucky looked up at you with a concerning face. You nodded. "Do it. I trust you."

"This is going to hurt." He warned.

"Shut up and take the damn bullet out of my leg Barnes." You shouted.

"I'm trying." He responded. He held you leg gently, and carefully pulled out the bullet from your thigh. You winced in pain and tears filled your eyes. He discarded the bullet and quickly yet softly wrapped the wound. "That should do until we get back to the Compound and Bruce can stitch you up." He gave a soft smile.

"Thanks. Is there any pain meds in the first aid kit?" You asked.

"Uhh yeah." He responded and handed you 2 pills and a bottle of water.

"Thanks."

The team got back on the jet a few minutes later. Nat quickly got into the pilot's seat and took off.

"Did you guys get everyone?" You asked, still wincing from the pain. The meds weren't helping much.

"We think so. How you feeling kid?" Tony responded.

"Like I just got shot." You laughed a little. "Now I know how Robin Hood over there feels every mission."

"Hey. I didn't get shot this time." He retorted.

"But you did last time. And the time before that. And before that. And-"

"Okay we get it." He interrupted.

The jet landed and Bucky walked over to you. "Can you walk with some support? Or do you want me to carry you? I don't mind." He asked. You tried to stand up, but quickly fell back down, Bucky caught you and picked you up. He got off the jet and went to the med bay where Bruce was waiting.

Bruce stitched your wound and gave you some more medication for the pain.

"ATTENTION ALL AVENGERS. ATTENTION ALL AVENGERS. PARTY TOMORROW AT 7 PM. DON'T BE LATE." Tony announced over the speaker.

"What the hell is he celebrating?" Bucky laughed and shook his head.

"It's Tony. Have you met him? He doesn't need a reason." You replied joining his laughter.