Part 26

Nightmares from Hydra kept you from sleeping for the next few weeks. The memories haunted you, your scars were a constant reminder of the torture every time you looked in the mirror.

You jolted awake for the third time today, tears streaming down your face.

"Hey. It's okay." Bucky comforted. "It's okay." You laid your head back down on his chest and gripped his shirt tight as you sobbed into it, your tears soaking the fabric. He stroked your hair as you cried and held you tightly. After a few minutes you calmed your breathing and crying. Bucky kissed your forehead and wiped the tears from your face. "You okay?" He asked softly.

You nodded and nestled your head in the crook of his neck. You ran your fingers through his hair as he held you. You laid with Bucky for another hour before you both eventually fell asleep.

...

The mission alarm sounded a few hours later, waking everyone up from their slumber. You jumped up and shook Bucky when you did.

"False alarm everyone. Go back to bed." Tony announced through the loudspeaker.

You could hear everyone groan from their rooms and footsteps past Bucky's bedroom door. No use in going back to sleep now.

Bucky placed his hand on your back. "You okay, Doll?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm gonna go get food." You responded.

"Okay. I'll come too." He smiled and kissed your temple as he got up. He went into the bathroom and shut the door.

You went into his closet, grabbed one of his hoodies, and pulled it on as he came out of the bathroom.

"How is that fair?" He asked.

"How is what fair?" You questioned with a puzzled look on your face.

"You look better in my clothes than me." He pouted playfully.

You blushed a little and went into the bathroom, coming out a few minutes later. Bucky was sitting on his bed waiting for you. You grabbed his hand and went downstairs.

You hadn't been very social with anyone on the team other than Bucky and Loki over the past few weeks. You knew they meant well but they kept asking questions about what happened, you powers, what they did to you. You couldn't even think of the memories without tearing up, let alone talk about it. You pretty much stayed hidden in Bucky's room, and only occasionally coming down with him for food or to train with Loki.

You walked down to the living area, hand in hand with Bucky. The most of the team was still sleeping, however, Tony, Nat, Steve, and Sam were sitting on the couch. When they saw you, they looked up and smiled at you.

"She's alive!" Tony yelled. Nat punched him in the shoulder and he yelped.

"Can it, Stark. Leave her alone." She narrowed her eyes at him and he moved away from her to the other side of the couch, farthest from her.

You gave a soft smile to the team and glared at Tony. He widened his eyes as fear struck him.

"I-I uhh have something to do in my lab. See ya!" He practically sprinted out of the room.

You giggled softly, the team laughed along with you. Bucky smiled at your giggling, glad to see you were feeling a little better.

You were still attached to Bucky's side as you walked into the kitchen. You grabbed a few eggs and a few pieces of bread for scrambled eggs and toast. Bucky offered to help, however you shot him down so he sat patiently at the kitchen island and watched you.

You were putting the bread in the toaster when you felt a pair of arms around your waist and a head rested on your shoulder. You turned around and saw Bucky. He gave you a quick kiss on your temple and went back to hugging you from behind.

"Eww! Can you guys quit being all cutesy and lovey in the kitchen? We eat in here!" Sam teased, walking into the kitchen.

You pulled Bucky close to you and kissed him deeply to mess with Sam. He rolled his eyes as he grabbed an apple and walked back into the living area.

The toast popped up and made you jump a little. You looked over to Bucky who was smiling like an idiot.

"Shut up." You sassed.

"I didn't say anything!" He laughed and put his hands up in defense.

"You were thinking about it." You narrowed your eyes at him and he laughed.

You put the toast on the plates, along with the eggs. You picked up the plates and handed one to Bucky. You walked into the living room and sat together on a couch. You cuddled up next to him as you ate.

When you were finished, you used your  magic to vanish the plates back into the cupboard, fully cleaned. The team looked at you.

"What? I didn't wanna get up." You said defensively.

The team gave a soft laugh and you rested your head on Bucky's shoulder. He wrapped his arm around your shoulders and pulled you closer as he kissed your forehead.

You sat downstairs for a bit until it seemed as though the team was going to start asking you questions. You got up, took Bucky's hand and walked up to your room.

"I'm gonna take a shower." You informed.

"Okay. Let me know if you need anything." He gave you a quick peck on the lips and slipped into his room.

You went into your bathroom and got in the shower. The warm water felt amazing against your skin. You finished up and wrapped a towel around your body before heading back into your room and into your closet to get clothes.

"Y/n?" Bucky's said from your bedroom door. You didn't hear him. He had received no reply so he walked in and found you standing, and looking back at yourself in your mirror, only wearing a bra and shorts.

All your cuts and bruises had healed completely about a day after you were back. The cuts left scars that stretched across your stomach and back. You had a few smaller ones on your arms and legs which were small enough to hide, but big enough to be noticeable.

You ran your fingers along the scars that stretched across your stomach. They were from a few weeks back at Hydra. You didn't cooperate and they took a knife to your stomach three times.

Bucky stood in the doorway of your closet and was looking at you. Not because of the fact that you were hardly wearing any clothes, but because he had never seen your newer scars. He has seen the old ones at the beach but the newer ones were much worse.

"I know you don't think so, but your beautiful, scars and all." He gave a soft smile.

You looked up at him with tears in your eyes. He walked over and pulled you into a tight, warm hug. He stroked your hair as you snuggled your head into his shirt and kissed your forehead. "I love you." You mumbled as a few tears slid down your face.

"I love you too, Doll. Don't ever forget that." He replied, his chest vibrated as he spoke.

He pulled out of the embrace and put his hand under your chin, lifting your head up so you were looking at him. He wiped your tears from your face and rested his hands on either side of your face. You leaned in and kissed him passionately, your arms wrapping around the back of his head and your fingers running through his hair.

PART 27 COMING SOON...