Part 29

You jumped up off the couch and ran to Bucky's side. "What the fuck happened?!"

"I got shot because dipshit over there didn't tell me there was someone behind me." Bucky grumbled and gestured to Sam.

"I'm sorry I was too busy getting my own ass handed to me." Sam retorted.

"Both of you shut up! Steve take him to the med bay." You ordered.

Steve didn't hesitate and walked bucky to the med bay as quickly as possible. To be honest, he was a little scared of you and didn't wanna risk getting thrown out a window for walking too slow. You ran into the room shortly after.

You grabbed a cloth and dampened it. You walked over to Bucky who was laying on the medical bed, holding bloody fabric on the wound. You lifted his shirt and dabbed away the blood and cleaned around the wound with the damp cloth then went over and grabbed rubbing alcohol and gauze, along with the tools required to stitch him up. You poured some of the rubbing alcohol onto the gauze.

"This is gonna burn a little." You warned. Bucky nodded. You placed the gauze gently to his wound to clean it. He winced in pain and clenched a fist. "I'm sorry."

You quickly threw away the gauze and grabbed a needle to stitch his would.

"This is also going to hurt a little." You warned again. You quickly, but carefully, closed the would and put a bandage on it. "Okay. You're done."

"Thank you." Bucky said softly as he attempted to sit up.

"Hey! Take it easy!"

"I'm fine, Doll." He replied and sat up the rest of the way. "I've had worse injuries than this."

You rushed over to his side and put an arm around him as he tried to stand.

"Doll, I can walk."

"Sure you can. Let me help."

You walked him up to his room and forbade him to leave while you went to get him some pain meds.

You returned a few minutes later and found him laying on the bed with his arms and legs sprawled out, still in his mission attire.

"I doubt those clothes are comfortable enough to sleep in. Here." You gave him a new shirt an sweatpants, along with the pain meds and a glass of water.

"Thanks." He gave a soft smile and sat up slowly. He took the pills and grabbed the clothes from your hand as he went into the bathroom. He came out a few minutes later.

You had already used your magic to change into your pajamas and were sitting on the bed, waiting for Bucky.

He crawled onto the bed beside you and wiggled underneath the blankets. He held his arms out and did grabbed hand gestures in your direction.

"Buck, you just got shot and you have stitches. I don't think it's the best idea for me to lay on you." You said.

"I'll be fine. I got the best doctor there is!" He exclaimed.

You giggled and gave in. You nestled your head in his neck as he pulled the blankets over you and wrapped his arms around you.

"I love you." You hummed against his neck.

"I love you too, Doll." Bucky replied as he stroked your hair and you both fell asleep.

...

"Fuck." Bucky's voice was hushed but was loud enough to wake you.

"Bucky? What's wrong?" You asked. You opened your eyes and looked in his direction. He had his shirt off and was looking at the once white bandage on his side which was now a deep shade of red  You sat up quickly. "Shit!"