Part 25

The jet landed outside the Compound and everyone filed out. Bucky cradled you in his arms and held you close as he picked you up to get you to the med bay. He laid you down on the medical bed for Bruce to examine your injuries.

"Jarvis, scan for any major injuries." Banner told the AI.

"No major injuries detected, Dr. Banner. In fact, Miss Y/l/n's body seems to have healed itself completely." Jaris responded.

"So she's okay?" Bucky asked eagerly.

"I'm going to take a blood sample and see what else we can find out about her powers. She should be clear to leave whenever she wakes, as long as the tests come back alright." Bruce informed. "Feel free to stay here and wait. I'm sure she'll be glad to see you when she wakes."

Bucky nodded and moved a chair over to beside your bed. Bruce took the blood samples to his lab for them to process. He came back a few minutes later.

"Her tests came back okay. Using that much of her powers in one day wore her out. She should wake in a few hours." He told Bucky.

"When she wakes up will she be able to go to her own room?" Bucky asked.

"Yes. Don't let her push herself that hard again until she knows how to control her powers more." Bucky nodded and held your hand while you slept.

...

Your eyes fluttered open and you groaned. You looked around the room and saw Bucky sitting in a chair beside your bed, his hand holding yours as his head rested on his other arm, using it as a pillow. His tear stained face was pale and he had dark circles under his eyes. He looked like he hadn't ate, drank, or slept in the past few days. You ran your fingers through his hair and he stirred awake.

"Hey, Doll!" He jumped awake realizing you were up, smiled and kissed your forehead.

"Hey, Buck." You said sleepily.

"How are you feeling?" He asked with a concerned look.

"Tired." Your eyes were heavy and hard to keep open.

"You wanna go upstairs? Banner said you can leave the med bay as long as you take it easy."

"You would think that Stark, being a billionaire and all, would be able to get more comfortable hospital beds." You laughed and sat up. Bucky laughed and rushed to your side before you could stand.

"Hey. What did I say about taking it easy? I will be carrying you." He smirked as put his arm underneath your legs and his other behind your back, lifting you off the bed. You giggled and wrapped your arms around his neck as you rested your head on his shoulder.

He carried you out if the med bay and into the elevator to go up to your floor. The doors opened and he walked down the hall and into his room. "Your staying in here so I can keep an eye on you." He smiled and you giggled as he sat you down on his bed. "Hungry?" You nodded. "I'm going to go get you some food, I'm sending Loki up to watch you though. Don't try anything stupid." He informed sternly.

"I'm fine and don't need a babysitter. Now go get me food!" You laughed.

"Of course, Doll." He kissed your forehead and slipped out of the room. Loki teleported into the room a few seconds later.

"How much is he paying you to babysit me? 50? 100? I'll double it. I don't need a babysitter."

"He isn't paying me anything. Bribery won't work on me. And yes you do. You and me both know your too stubborn to stay in bed and relax, hence the babysitting." Loki said swiftly.

"200. Final offer."

"No."

"Damn it!" You exclaimed.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm fine, just hungry and tired." You informed. "I guess I'm a witch now like you."

"I'm not a witch."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"Quit arguing with me and just face it. You. Are. A. Witch." You teased.

"No." He grumbled.

"Do you cast spells? Yes. Do you have magic? Yes. Do you wear dark clothing? Yes you do. Do you age? Yes and no. Your over 1000 but you look 18. Sounds pretty witchy to me." You smirked.

He thought for a second, actually considering if he was a witch. "I'm not a witch Y/n."

"Keep telling yourself that."

Loki smirked and Bucky walked in the room with bags of food and drinks. "Finally, Barnes."

"What did she do?" Bucky laughed and you rolled your eyes.

"First she tried to bribe me. Then she kept calling me a witch." Loki huffed and you smiled innocently.

"Sounds about right." You responded.

"Thanks, Loki. You can leave now." Bucky informed and shooed Loki out of his room.

"What did you get?" You asked and lunged towards the bags that were in Bucky's hands.

"Hey! What did i say about taking it easy?"

"I have no recollection of you ever saying anything about that." You said as you sat back down on the bed.

"Of course you don't." Bucky laughed and flipped the bags over upside down. The contents spilled out onto the bed in front of you. He got a wide variety of snacks and drinks. You grabbed a candy bar and stuffed it in your mouth. You grabbed a bottle of water as well and drank it quickly. Bucky laughed.

You finished eating and drinking and Bucky came and laid next to you on the bed. You cuddled up next to him as he wrapped his arms around you and pulled you closer to him.

"I missed you." He said quietly. "I thought I lost you." Your eyes teared up a little.

You looked up at him as a tear rolled down you face. He wiped it off with his thumb, cupped your face and kissed you deeply. He pulled back from the kiss and you nestled your head in the crook of his neck. A wave of exhaustion washed over you. "I love you." Your voice was at a soft whisper and you didn't really think about what you were saying before you were saying it. Bucky smiled and held you closer.

"I love you too, Doll." He whispered as he tightened his grasp on you. He kissed your forehead and you drifted asleep on his chest.

PART 26 COMING SOON...