Part 21

You woke up as the sun peaked through Bucky's curtains. You felt the bed beside you it was cold to the touch. Bucky was no longer next to you.

"Bucky?" You asked.

You got no response.

You got up and went downstairs. The scent of coffee filled the air. You walked to the kitchen and found Bucky. He didn't see or hear you come in. He was dancing around the kitchen with his earbuds in.

"Hey Metal Man." You giggled. "What's for breakfast?"

He looked up at you. "Hey. Hey. Hey. This was supposed to be a surprise. So go back upstairs and pretend to be surprised when I bring you breakfast in bed." He ordered playfully.

"Fine." You rolled your eyes, went back upstairs to Bucky's room and flopped on his bed.

Sure enough, a few minutes later Bucky came in his room with a tray of food. You jumped up, took the tray from him and sat back down on his bed. It had French toast with blueberries, bananas, and maple syrup. There was coffee and and rose, as well as a plate of bacon to the side. You quickly grabbed the fork and started eating.

"What do you think?" Bucky asked with a nervous look. "I tried. But it's my first time actually cooking a meal since the forties."

"It's amazing!" You exclaimed with a mouth full of French toast.

"Really? You can tell me if you don't like it. I won't be offended." He reassured.

"No, seriously. Try it!" You put some of the food on your fork and fed it to him. "See?"

"Not bad." He smiled. "You feeling any better?"

"Yeah. I feel fine!"

"That's great! What do you wanna do today?"

You thought for a second. "Let's go to the fair!"

"Sure." He responded.

You finished your food and went into your room to get ready. You put on a light blue, off the shoulder top with a black skater skirt and your matching black and blue Nikes. You straightened your hair and put on some mascara. Bucky knocked on your door.

"Come in!" You yelled from your bathroom.

"Y/n? You ready?" He asked.

"Yep! Let's go!" You exclaimed as go grabbed your bag, keys, and phone.

You walked together down to the garage and got in your car. Bucky got in the passenger side as you got into the driver's side.

"Jarvis, set the GPS to the local fair." You told the AI.

"Route set, Miss Y/l/n." He informed.

You pulled out of the garage of the Compound and followed the directions inscribed on the GPS screen.

You arrived a few minutes later and pulled into a parking spot. You both got out of the car and took Bucky's hand.

The whole day was spent playing games, going on small rides, and eating food. Bucky tried to win the ring toss game but got frustrated and gave up. You tried and won on your first try. Your prize was a little panda stuffed animal that you gave to Bucky.

Persistent on winning you a prize, Bucky tried every game in sight and eventually won one of them and gave you the prize. It was a giant stuffed dinosaur, who's size made it hard to carry.

You took many pictures in which you would print out at some point. Most of them were of Bucky being silly. But your favorite, was set as your new lock screen. It was a picture of you kissing Bucky's cheek at the top of the ferris wheel with the sunset in the background.

Bucky drove back to the Compound, as you were too tired to do so yourself. When you got back it was just past seven and the sun had already set and the moon had risen. Bucky pulled into the garage and helped you out of the car.

You walked into the living area, hand in hand with Bucky. Happy was sitting on the couch. He had been gone since last night. You were starting to wonder where he was.

"Hey Happy. Where were you last night?" You asked.

"I-uhh I was with Peter's aunt, May." He stuttered.

"I KNEW IT!" You shouted. Bucky laughed at your sudden burst of energy.

"Just don't tell Peter. He doesn't know yet."

You nodded and yawned. "Come on Doll. Let's get you to bed." Bucky said in a hushed tone.

You followed him to your room. You changed into your pajamas and slid underneath the blankets on your bed.

"Goodnight, Doll." Bucky said as he kissed your forehead.

"Goodnight, Buck." You responded.

Bucky left your room and went into his. He took off his shirt, changed into a pair of pajama pants, and went to bed.

You tossed and turned for an hour, not being able to sleep. You had gotten used to sleeping cuddled up next to Bucky the past few days, the bed felt cold and empty without him.

You pulled off your blankets, crept out of your room and into Bucky's. You curled up next to him as you wiggled underneath the blankets. His bare skin was warm compared to the coldness of his room.

"Doll?" He asked sleepily. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I Couldn't sleep." You whispered. He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you closer as you drifted asleep on his chest. He kissed your head and fell back asleep as he rested his chin on the top of your head.

PART 22 COMING SOON...