Part 18

The next morning you woke up super congested and had a pounding headache. You groaned and got out of bed.

You took a shower and put on a sweatshirt, leggings, and a pair of fuzzy socks, dried your hair. You were sick and it showed. You gladly would have slept in, however you would rather not have Nat yelling at you for not being awake.

You slowly trudged out of your room and down to the kitchen for breakfast.

"Kid...You look like shit." Tony blurted. Nat punched him in his arm and he yelped.

"Oh really?! I hadn't noticed!" You sassed.

"Lady Y/n, are you okay?" Thor asked concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine." You lied. You weren't okay. Your head felt like it was going to explode and you felt like throwing up.

"Are you sure?" Nat asked, walking up to you and putting the back of her hand on your forehead. "Y/n! Your burning up!"

"I said I'm fine!" You yelled. Everyone went silent. You hardly ever yelled at anyone, at the fear of Tony kicking you out, even though he legally adopted you, you were still scared. Your biological dad would hit you if you raised your voice at him or responded with an answer he didn't like. Even yell at the Avengers,  it was in a playful demeanor and was completely sarcastic. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell."

"It's okay." Nat said quietly and gave you a hug.

You gave a soft smile and walked over to the fridge to grab some juice. When you stood up, you were struck with a sudden wave of dizziness. Then the room went black just as you felt someone's arms around you to catch you before you hit the ground.

...

When you woke, your head was hurting even worse than before and you couldn't focus your vision. You heard a soft conversion off in the distance but you couldn't make out who it was and what they were saying. You sat up a a little in your bed, striking the attention of the other people in the room. The figures moved over to your bedside. Your vision focused and you could see who it was.

"Hey Darling." Loki's voice was in a hushed tone.

"Hey Y/n! How are you feeling?" Peter whispered.

"Like I ate 4 things of cotton candy, a pack of gummy bears, a large soda, and then went on a roller coaster." You joked, speaking from past experience, when you and Peter went to an amusement park back in New York and you both ate too much junk food and then went on a roller coaster one too many times after that.

Peter laughed.

"Here take this." Loki said as handed you three pills and a glass of water. You looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "They'll help with your fever and nausea." You hated taking pills but you didn't want to feel like this anymore so you quickly swallowed the pills and pressed the glass to your mouth.

You handed the glass back to Loki and laid back down, pulling the blankets up to your neck. Loki and Peter left your room to let you rest.

Bucky came in your room around an hour later to check on you. He walked over to the side of your bed and sat down. "Hey doll." He gave a soft smile when you looked at him.

By now your fever was making you a little loopy and you weren't necessarily able to control what you said. Anything you thought was spoken out loud. "Hey! Your cute." You giggled. "HOLY SHIT! YOU HAVE A METAL ARM?!"

"Yes. I do." He laughed. "Come on. Let's go back to the Compound."

You got up and rubbed your eyes. Bucky grabbed your bags and you followed him out to the car. You told all the Avengers goodbye and got in the car. They were all staying for another week or two. Clint, Happy, and Loki were coming with you and Bucky back to the Compound. Clint had to get back to his family. Happy was driving you and was ordered by Tony to keep a watch on you. And Loki, well is Loki, and wasn't staying without his best friend there. The was also getting to be too much for him as well since he was a frost giant and being in the heat too long would have serious consequences.

The car ride to the airport was about an hour long. You grabbed a blanket from your bag and wrapped yourself in it. You fell asleep shortly after, your head resting on Bucky's shoulder.

...

"Doll. You gotta get up. We're at the airport." Bucky informed you gently nudging you to wake up.

"Nooo. Let me sleep." You whined in a childish voice. Bucky laughed and gently picked you up. You wrapped your arms around him, cuddled the blanket to you, and let your head fwump back on his shoulder.

He carried you onto the jet and once again, you wouldn't let go and slept in his lap the entire ride back.

...

At some point the jet landed. Bucky carried you back into the Compound and into your room. You only woke when he layed you down on your bed. He went to walk out of you room but you grabbed his wrist before he could.

"Stay." You whispered. "Please."

He smiled softly and laid down next to you. You laid your head on his chest and unknowingly cuddled up next to him before you fell asleep. He didn't seem to mind. He stoked your hair, making sure you knew you were safe in his arms and he wouldn't let anything happen to you.

PART 19 COMING SOON...