S1, EP 2: Not So Hot Day

"Even All Might said it, I'll never be a hero..." he mumbled to himself as he walked down the street. His favorite idol said it, he can't be a hero. Maybe, that is the ugly truth.

He looked at his drenched dirty notebook. He asked himself why he had Y/n as a friend, he asked himself that many, many times. But he's never once questioned himself this many times. He didn't deserve her. Not her smile, or her warmth.

He stopped in front of a huge crowd. There was ice, everywhere. Shards sticking out the ground, some of the floor covered, it felt like the coldest winter any place had ever experienced. He rushed through the crowd, finally seeing what was happening.

It wasn't just ice, the other side was covered with smoke and fire, constant explosions. It was terrible, he heard their muffled screams as they struggled to get out.

Half of Bakugos face was covered in ice, while a spot on Y/n's cheek looked red and burnt. Either the two squared off or... 'Y/n's overusing her quirk!'

A giant ice shard shot towards the crowd, making them cower in fear and step back. Everyone got flashes of hot and cold.

Y/n tried her best, but using her quirk against her will didn't go easy on her.

Izuku had suddenly started running, Y/n shook her head but the boy hadn't stopped for anything. He kept running and didn't know why. He threw his notebook at its eye, it loosened its grip enough. Izuku tried to get her out, the best he could but this sludge just wouldn't budge.

She screamed at him to leave and run, but he didn't. Her arm had suddenly loosened. He grabbed her hand and pulled with all his strength. "Hold on!!" He yelled as he pulled tighter. Her body was almost released, how he managed to do it was beyond anyone's understanding. But the more Y/n got loose, the tighter it squeezed Katsuki.

She dropped and slid across the ice, the crowd cheered, but it wasn't over yet. Y/n quickly got up and ran for Katsuki, almost trapped by the stupid monster.

His explosions overtook her ice. Then then, a huge explosion hit the ground and made it shake. It sent her back, along with Izuku.

"W-we-we need to-to ge-get him th-the hero's c-c-cant!" The pressure made her stutter worsen. She tried to run back in but was reeled back in by a hero.

"Kid! It's dangerous out there!" But no one else would save him. Except, of course, All Might.

He flew through the air. Everyone was relieved at the sight of him. He punched the monster, the smoke cleared, the rain stopped and the ice shattered.

Y/n let out a sigh. 'I hope he's okay!'

In the aftermath, Katsuki shattered the stupid ice with his quirk. No one was hurt. However, due to Katsuki and quirk overuse, she now has a red spot on her cheek.

She ran after him. Forgetting about Izuku and turned him around. "A-Are you okay?!" She grabbed his hand she had froze, it was pale and cold as she was.

The remorse in her eyes made him sick. He snatched his hand away. "I'm fine! Stop touching me, you're cold if you haven't caught onto that yet!"

"I-i was just c-checking. J-just be-because I don't l-like you does-doesn't mean I want you to get kidnapped by a v-villain." He scoffed, visibly angry with her.

The sun was setting now, the sun hit Katsuki's face and made his eyes much more captivating. Besides the sunset— "What are you staring at?!??!" He said angrily.

"Your eyes—"

"Ugh!" He dramatically exhaled and walked away. Y/n waved to him. "S-see you at s-school."

"Stop being nice to me just because I tried to save you!! I still hate you!!"

'Oh, okay sure whatever you tell yourself,'

Of course, Izuku had his own way to go. So Y/n went home alone.