S1, EP 6: First Day

Y/n and Izuku decided to walk to school together, a quiet but exciting walk. The two had gotten into U.A, Izuku must've been more excited than her because he kept going so fast that she had to keep up.

She wore the red shoes he gave her, and they went to school matching. Courtesy of Y/n. She also wore her hair in a ponytail, different from her usual hairstyle, but it was fine. They're here to try new things.

She's been on her phone the whole time though, whatever she was doing was beyond Izuku. But he did have a question he'd been waiting to ask.

"Y/n," she looked up at him. "Hm?"

"A-are you sure you're not mad at me? You...you haven't talked to me this whole time." He sadly looked away. She just smiled.

"No! I-I'm not m-mad. I'm happy f-for you." His eyes went a bit wide. "Oh, well that's a—"

"Y/N!!" She stopped and whirled around, Kirishima ran up to her, she put her phone in her pocket. "It's really you! You're shorter than I imagined!"

'You're not that tall...' "Heh, s-so are you.."

"Ah! You know I can feel you from here, you're like a freezer!"

"I-is th-that an insult?" She slightly laughed.

"Whatever you wanna take it as, oh right..." he wrapped his arm around Y/n, her phone fell out of her pocket and they started walking away.

'How did she not notice she dropped her phone?' Izuku picked it up, he didn't know how to feel about what just happened. They totally ignored him!

He couldn't help but look at the opened tab. 'How to get rid of a stutter? Oh, Y/n..'

'I'll just give this back to her when I find her!'

Y/n and Kirishima went to class. Somewhere along that wall, she forgot about Izuku. Partially, she wanted to go back.

"Well, I'll see you later, I forgot my backpack outside!" He waved and left Y/n in front of the giant door. She questioned whether she should run or not. But there was no backing out now.

She opened the door and immediately the chatter filled her ears. Her eyes immediately went to Bakugo, she made eye contact then looked away.

"Y/n! You dropped your phone," Izuku handed her the phone.

"Oh, t-thank you." She stuff it in her pocket and then he left, behind her, someone taped her on the shoulder as she was blocking the doorway.

"Excuse me," he said, she moved out of the way, she caught a glimpse of his face, he had messy indigo hair and went to sit down. He looked awfully tired.

Y/n mouthed something to Izuku, then sat down next to someone whom she does not have the name of. But they had red and white hair.

And so, class started. She was, to say the least, happy she sat by two people she knew. With Izuku behind her, and Kacchan on her left.

A quirk test was fine, but why did this have to determine if she got expelled or not? It seemed fair but drastically worse than what her brothers would say.

She stood next to Izuku, perhaps she wanted to protect him from Bakugo. She wasn't sure if he knew about his newfound quirk or not. Either way, he'd be pissed. Perhaps she wanted to distract herself from Uraraka so she stood awfully close to him. Whatever it was, Midoriya hadn't minded it.

"Bakugo and Y/n got tied in the entrance exams. However, I'm going to let Bakugo go first because he's paying attention." True, she was stuck in her thoughts again. The two bumped shoulders as he walked past, although Y/n felt as though he did it on purpose when everyone had cleared the way.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Izuku whispered ever since quietly. She nodded. She wasn't lying, but from the expression she was making you'd think she was feeling terrible.

Once again, she wasn't paying attention again. Her name was called and silence was the only answer. "I don't have time for people like you, if you're not going to pay attention then—"

"S-sorry!" His face deadpanned and he threw the ball to her. 'I need to grow out of that habit!'

And she walked to the circle. 'All I can do is freeze things...how am I supposed to throw this?! God, Bakugo was right, I shouldn't even be here!' She threw the ball. In the spur of the moment, she let her quirk do as it pleased, bad bad idea.

The ball froze, but that was it. Nothing else happened, it barely went anywhere and just fell. "What the—" she looked at Aizawa, his hair up and his eyes a glowing red. He suddenly pulled her in with his scarf.