S3, EP 20: The Distance...Is Unbearable.

One week before new year's

Just another day at school, except Aizawa told the class about the new year's celebration and now they were hyped up.

Y/n doesn't want to talk about it anymore. She's tired of hearing about it.

She's been having throbbing headaches and they grow larger each time. She's not sure if she can keep ignoring this.

She was walking in the hallway, looking at her homework. Bakugo was talking to All Might so he wasn't there to... 'protect' her. She feels the hole in her heart grow larger every time she's away from him. It aches. Did she even have a hole in her heart in the first place?

She was tapped on the shoulder, she turned around. It was Shoto. "Hey...are you available on new Year?" He fiddled with his hands.

"N-not s-sure..." She looked nervous to be talking to him, they were both nervous. "I-I just wanted to invite you out, to maybe hang out." He weakly smiled at her to hide his nervousness. Didn't work so well. She looked at her watch. (When did she get a watch?)

"I d-don't th-think so, s-sorry..." She began to walk away. Shoto grabbed her hand, he didn't mean to. She turned around with a terrified expression.

"Please?" His face told her, he was pleading. She narrowed her eyes. "Shoto--"

"Y/n," she whirled around to face Bakugo. Shoto let go, Y/n looked down. He had his hands in his saggy pants and a somewhat angry expression.

"What are you doing?" Shoto had noticed it. His heart sank as Y/n's did. He knew it. They were dating.

"N-nothing." She said quietly, they intertwined hands. Bakugo glared at him, it told Shoto, 'I'm going to murder you if you don't back away right now.'

But he didn't move. "Let's go, I have a surprise for you..." The hole in her heart directly filled itself. She smiled. A part of her felt more...alive?

They went back to the dorms. He brought her to the rooftop, weirdly, it wasn't fit for laying on. But Bakugo made it work. He melted the snow away. They sat near the edge and watched the sunset. While the sun crept down, Y/n rubbed her throbbing forehead.

The sun didn't go that well with Y/n, that's what she thought. Bakugo was a different story, the sun adored him, a match made in heaven. The sun was always soft on his face, it lit up areas Y/n didn't know existed. He didn't look at her.

"What were you talking to icy hot about?" But she couldn't answer because her head was throbbing enough. She rubbed it constantly and winced. "Hm?" He looked over at her.

"I-I don't—don't- remember-...it...hurts..." She was in tears, she couldn't bare it anymore. The pain was too much now. He just looked at her and quirked an eyebrow.

"I-it hurts...please...m-make it st-stop..." It was worse than it'd ever been. Her tears fell onto her shirt.

'Is this the stupid price he talked about?'

He moved closer to her and cupped her face. It was their thing now. "What's wrong?" He frowned. Tears spilled down her face, she was so sad. He couldn't imagine her pain. "M-my head...i-it hurts...really b-bad...p-please...h-help..."

Bakugo didn't know what to do, she'd just have to bare it for now...

"Squeeze my hand," They intertwined hands, Y/n squeezed. Then embraced him in a tight hug. It was silence for that moment.

The sun disapeared, the moon appeared and illuminated. Now Y/n was bathing in moonlight. She lifted her head and smiled at him. Her eyes, her skin, everything. Another great match made in heaven.

They both heard footsteps, by the time they looked back, Y/n was hit with a strong gust of wind. She was sent flying off the roof. She was so shocked and scared, no time to react. But Bakugo grabbed her hand.

"Hold on!" he pulled her up, she grabbed onto the ledge and got back to the roof.

They both got to their feet and turned around, someone jumped off  the building, their black hood left with them.

"Stay here!"

"No-" But he already left to chase them.

Bakugo propelled himself forward, his explosions lit up the sky and for a moment Y/n got caught in the beauty.

'I should go get a teacher!' Y/n was about to jump down when Bakugo yelled, "DEKU?!"

'Izuku?!'

Sorry, I'm not feeling well and updates are slow. But I'll get back into action and when I feel better I'll be on my normal schedule! Well I don't have a schedule, I update when I have chapters prepared—but anyways, I have another book I'm working on so now I have a schedule.