S2, EP 5: The War

Late Edit: I had decided to change her quirk halfway through, or add to it, i should say. So...just go with it...

Y/n continued down the hall, she was greeted with the wonderful sunlight dancing on her skin. I had to stop her and pull her back halfway, I had something to say and I was going to say it before she fought that nerd.

"Hey!—"

"Are you seriously going to fight him like that?" She raised an eyebrow at me, like I was crazy.

"Wh-what?! You don't th-think I ca—"

"Whatever, better hurry before your time runs out." I let her go. I wasn't trying to be intimidating, maybe a little! But I don't blame her. She didn't know I knew, but I knew. Pretty sure the nerd did too!

She opened her mouth to retaliate, but nothing came out. So she left and walked to start her next match. Bakugo wondered how long it would take. He was rather intrigued.

She adjusted her arm sleeve and walked into the arena where Izuku awaited her. Yeah. She was fighting her best friend. Whoever wins, wins. And that's it. The only thing was, like Bakugo said...she was running out of time.

She reached the circle, where she stood across from her. Her nerves were really getting the best of her. But for Izuku, it was a completely different story. He was eager to fight her, if only Bakugo had told him.

Present Mic announced that it started, but Y/n was the only one who moved. Not the way people expected her to. She started walking away.

'Yeah...I'll just forfeit..'

"Y/n! What are you doing?!"

She waved to dismiss him. Izuku couldn't let this happen, it wouldn't be fair. He'd feel guilty.

"Hey! You can't quit!" What he tried to tell her, she did not reply. He ran and grabbed her shoulders, turning her around. The crowd starting booing.

"You can't! You told me—"

"Yeah, we-well I lied so," she tried to take his hands off, but he had such a strong grip on her.

"You have to fight me! It won't be fair, Y/n!"

"Izuku, I-I'm no-not going to fight you—"

"Fight me!" Her face deadpanned, with a crooked smile.

"Let me go."

"Fight me then." The two had somewhat of a staring contest. Y/n blinked a few times.

"No." She shoved him off, adjusting her sleeves again.

"B-but what about your sister?! Isn't she watching?! She wouldn't want you to—"

Y/n upset cut him. He stumbled back and fell. He had pushed one button too far and Y/n was not having it.

"Do-don't t-talk about her..." she frowned and he rubbed his jaw.

"So you'll fight me right?!"

"I-I'm running out of t-time Izuku." She sounded sad, but he hadn't caught on yet.

"It's not too late," he got up. "It's never too late!"

"We don't have time for conversations, you two." Aizawa announced.

"Th-thats not wh-what I meant—"

"Please!" She didn't understand. Why now? Why...did it have to be him?

"We, I-if you insist.." she went to punch him. But he grabbed her hand.

"I thought you were right handed?" He asked suspiciously, she mumbled something and kicked him with her knee.

'I'm running out, Izuku, please don't make me use the rest of my quirk!'

He came back to balance. He looked at his arm, that had been slightly frozen. But it didn't seem to be much. Y/n's hand was red.

"Are...you okay?" But she didn't answer, instead she punched him. To which he responded by hitting her with One For All, she fell back. The skin on her hand started tearing, as she froze the ground.

Now that he had forced her to fight, there really was no going back was there?

His feet locked to the ground, trapped in her freezing ice. Unlike Shoto, she couldn't create ice. But unlike Y/n, he couldn't do this;

A mysterious fog started filling the floor, although it's not so mysterious to Izuku. He only looked away for a second, the next she was gone and he suddenly felt weight on his hands.

Last time she did that, she almost froze to the death. But it was different this time, different because this was no where near as strong.

His hands stayed over in ice. He used One For All to shatter it, along with the ice around his feet. If he's not mistaken, he's going to know where she's going to come from.

He quickly turned around and ducked when Y/n tried to hit him. He side kicked her, she lost balance and fell on her back.

The fog like substance was like being in a freezer, slowly dying down because of the sun.

"Y/n, why are you playing around?"

She jumped to her feet, she punched him with her left hand again but he had caught it and looked at her sadly.

"I'm not! I told you not! I'm running out of time, my quirk is fading! Izuku!"