S3, EP 16: Sho

Shoto's never been so nervous, maybe it's just him, was Y/n always like that? Should he even be freaking out like this? He went into the hall, he just needed to talk to someone who wasn't Y/n. A male preferably. Maybe one of them would understand. 

And so—just great, he found Midoriya. Oh well, he'll do.

"Midoriya!" He grabbed him by the shoulders, took him by quite the surprise. "Uh, yeah Todoroki-Kun?" He said nervously from how intensely Shoto was looking at him.

Shoto looked around. "I need your help!"

"Uh okay, with what?" Izuku led him to the common room, because that's where he was heading, and he wanted to sit down.

"Something weird had been happening lately! Every time I'm around Y—I meant this girl, I get this weird feeling in my stomach, my face gets hot I start to sweat and I can't breathe right! I never felt like this before, have you?! Do you know what's happening?!" He shook him multiple times as they entered the empty common room.

"Hehe... Todoroki I'm no expert but I'd say you have a crush!"

"Crush?" He looked at him with dread, concern, and confusion.

"You like someone, Todoroki-Kun." He practically almost fainted. His face went pale. He doesn't need a crush, he doesn't want one! He needs to focus on becoming a hero and she's interfering with his brain!

"So, who is it?" Shoto's mouth ran dry, he couldn't say it was Y/n. He just couldn't. So he changed the subject. "I need to google this..." he mumbled as he started back to his room.

"Oh, hey Todoroki-Kun," he turned around, Izuku smiled. "You should talk to Y/n about it, she knows more about crushes than I do." But Shoto frowned and sulked away.

'That's exactly who I wanted to avoid.' He realized he left her alone in the room for at least five minutes.

He jolted back to his room, the door burst open and he found Y/n with the blue velvet box, it was too late. She had already looked at the ring, amazed by how beautiful it was.

The ring was silver and thin, the gem was square aquamarine. Like the color of her icy eyes. Maybe diamonds around the ring? She couldn't stop looking at it and held it ever so gently. Shoto's heart sank.

"Th-this is pretty, wh-who's it for?" Followed by an awkward chuckle, she gently put it back into its place.

"Uh, um, I—" he couldn't speak, his voice was lost somewhere, he couldn't find it! It all came out in a stutter that sounded like gibberish. "Uh, I-it's—for i-Uh, it-its not for anyone...I-I just brought because um, I-I thought it was pretty..." He lied. He was kind of tired now, tired of this pit in his stomach.

"Th-that's nice, are y-you okay now?" She got up, Shoto had noticed a red stain on her very white pants.

'Uh oh, oh no, I don't know what to do!'

"Um, Y/n," she turned around, a smile on her face. He didn't want to ruin that, but it's better than going out...like that. No one wants to. "Hm?"

"There's um...there's a stain on your...pants..." it pains him to see her face turn to alarmed within a second, she looked down, how had she not noticed?! It was on the floor too—she's never been so embarrassed!

"Uh, oh m-my god..." she ran out with tears in her eyes. Shoto sighed.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"M-mom! I-I n-need y-your help!" She cried, holding the phone up. She sat on the toilet, crying. Her mom was alarmed too, what was so important that she had to wake up?!

"What happened?! Are you okay?!"

"N-no! I-I'm bleeding!"

"Call the nurse! Or is it your period?"

"Wh-Whats a-a p-period?! I-I'm b-bleeding d-down th-there!" Her mom snorted, but it turned into an aspirated sigh.

"Y/n, don't fucking tell me you never learned what a period is." But Y/n wasn't joking one bit. She was fifteen, surrounded by boys most of her life. When the time did come to learn about all of that, her father just...discarded it! He was kind of an alcoholic, thus why he's on life support—

"I-is th-that when you b-bleed for an m-month??

"OH FOR FUCK SAKE! I'LL BE THERE IN TWENTY!"

"N-no! D-don't l-leave me—" but her mom hung up. Y/n was left to curl up on the toilet seat, bleeding to death.

"Hey, J-Jordan wh-what's a period?"

"Uh, I don't know I think it's when you bleed for like a month. Or some shit."

Listen, don't crap on her, she was in a school with mostly males, lived in a household with only males for a lot of her life, no cell phone. She didn't think to ask! She never really 'grew up' until she was like fourteen...