S3, EP 14: And That's Just It...

How come every time you have a fight with Izuku you never remember it? You weren't even sure it was a fight. But the last thing you remember was his face, angry and bloodshot eyes. The next, you woke up in his bed. He was close to you, his arm wrapped around you and both of you under the covers.

'It's official, I've gone mad.' You slowly removed his hand to his side and crept out of the bed. You made sure not to make too much noise, although a safe escape wasn't assured as you tripped over the bed frame.

You slowly closed the door. You let out a sigh that you've managed to escape without waking him up.

"The hell frosty?!" You almost screamed and slapped your hands over your mouth as you whirled around to face Bakugo. Just as tired as you. His bed head wasn't as terrible though. He held a bunch of envelopes.

"Don't tell me—"

"No! N-no it's n-not wh-what it looks like!" You said in a harsh whisper. He quirked an eyebrow, although he knew you weren't lying.

"Oh I see, rough night was it?"

"No! Gah! St-stop it!" He eyed you then glanced down at the envelopes. Before you could run away he called you and shoved an envelope in your hands with your name on it.

"Oh th-thanks." After you walked away he dug in his large pockets and pulled out a envelope with Izukus name on it. And stuffed it under his door.

The letter was just Jordan's mom, asking if you'd like to come over next time you have a break. You just threw it away. Couldn't be bothered with people who didn't want to deal with you in the first place.

Y/n would probably never find her earring again, it's long lost by now. While the skeleton key didn't unlock anything, it was (somewhat) special.

Yep. She's never going to find it unless Shoto gives it back. The sun was rising and he stared at the key earring he held in the air. Staring at its golden features.

Maybe it's time to give it back, he just can't stop looking it. What is it about this stupid earring?

'Is it...because it's hers? I've seen many skeleton keys, this might be the most plain one. But why's it so alluring?'

A loud bang made him jump, the skeleton key flung across the room and hit the wall. He heard it shatter and fall to pieces on his floor.

'Oh no.'

The bang came down the hall, followed by Kacchan yelling at Izuku for whatever reason. He quickly got up and retrieved the small broken pieces. His heart started beating out his chest.

'Wait, what's that?' He found a small, rolled up piece of paper. It wasn't there before, must've come from the key. No wonder it broke so easily, it was hollow and holding a secret inside.

'I shouldn't read this, I should fix it and give it back—who am I kidding?! I can't fix this! It's shattered and it would take ages! I could tell her that I found it broken and discard some pieces—no!—gah! I feel so bad!'

He groaned as he scooped the pieces into a plastic bag and zipped it close. He didn't look at the note, but he wanted to. He shouldn't, it's an invasion of privacy.

Throughout the day Shoto continuously asked people for glue—what type of high school student doesn't have glue? Finally, he decided to buy some after school. How bold of this hero to try and fix it.

He browsed for super glue with his finger, scanning for the right one. The sun was beginning to set and the store clerk told him they were closing soon. A bit early for that but he doesn't blame them.

He got his glue, but not only that. He came back with a small royal blue jewelry box. On his way back, he got a glance of a ring on the showcase window.

He just couldn't help himself, it would look amazing on Y/n. It also had a matching necklace, but he didn't get it, it cost way more then the ring.

Back at the dorms, everyone was gathered in the common room. Mostly everyone anyway. The laughter filled his ears. Along with the smell of something sweet. Bakugo growled as he was the culprit of that delicious smell. Y/n giggled, her cheeks puffed up from holding in water with a smile about to break it. They seemed to be playing some sort of game. Lots of noise.

He could see it, her wearing the ring. But as he looked at her he realizes it might not be accepted by Midoriya. He looked at the box, brushing over its soft, royal blue velvet with his thumb. He put it back in his bag.

'Maybe another time.'