S3, EP 5: Loss

Mentions of suicide, suicide attempt. You're warned.

"Ma'am, I know this is hard for you. But please, what's the last thing you remember? What happened last time you saw him? Please, try to remember, it could help us a lot." Y/n sat in the back of a separate ambulance truck, counting the seconds. She stared wide eyed into the atmosphere, anything but at the police officer in front of her. Her head throbbed with unbearable pain from hitting her head after fainting.

"I-I don't...remember..."

"IZUKU NO—"

"Gun sh-shots...I t-tried to st-stop him." She wiped a falling tear. There was a little blood on her face. "W-we h-had a fight..."

"About what?—" but All Might and Aizawa excused him, Y/n looked at all her classmates. Crowded at the entrance of the heights alliance and concerned about Izuku. Everybody had heard it. But Y/n was there when it happened. She got the text.

"L/n, he's going to be alright," All Might reassured her. She just nodded and only wanted to cry more. She could see how All Might could be effected too, Izuku really grew on him.

'Where'd you get a gun from...and why? Not again...'

The thought of losing him made her heart ache, her mind full of swirling thoughts. She kept asking the same question she's been asking for years. Why?

She was released from the ambulance truck. All her classmates bombarded her with questions.

"What happened?!" "Did he kill himself?!" "Is Midoriya all right?!" "Did a villain get him?!" And so many more, none of them were considerate of her feelings at the moment.

"Hey!" Bakugo yelled and everyone shut up. "Are you guys idiots?! Leave her alone!"

"I agree with Bakugo," Shoto added. "Give her some space..." everyone turned on Bakugo for some reason. She proceeded to leave the scene. Back to her dorm.

Katsuki followed shortly after, Izukus room was still being cleaned. Y/n had to change her clothes. She went to her room and closed the door, but Katsuki entered and closed the door.

"Frost—"

"P-please don't."

"We're all upset! Don't take it out on me!" She sighed and sat down on her bed.

"I'm s-sorry, I-I don't re-remember our f-fight." He seemed sort of content with her response. Surely more calm than her, she was already on edge. Izuku just...pushed her off.

"Frosty," even Katsuki had to swallow his pride for this. "I've lost someone too, it's not easy." She seconded that.

"Y-you have?"

"My cousin, I was eleven. Look the nerd cared about just as much—"

"Cared?" She looked up from her hands. "Not many people survive gun shot injuries do they?" In his mind, Izuku died ages ago.

She got out her phone, Katsuki had reminded her of something. And he got mad when she silenced him with her finger as she waited for this mysterious person to answer.

"H-hello?!" She said eagerly, tapping her foot.

"Hello?"

"Wh-who is th-this? Wh-wheres Jordan?"

"Ohhh, this is Y/n right?"

"Y-yes, it is, wheres Jordan?"

"This is his mom," Y/n almost dropped the phone.

"R-right, hi M-Mrs. Elena, b-but is J-Jordan okay?" She gripped the phone tightly, her heart was anything but calm right now.

"Uh, yeah, that's the thing. I-I took him in but...when I came to pick him up he was—he, uh, he's dead, Y/n. I was just about to call you! I had to deliver the news to Kenma too."

"H-how—h-how'd he..." she couldn't finish and felt so many tears.

"The police think he...hung himself—" the phone went up in black flames, and shattered with Y/n's grip. But she didn't pass out this time. The one time she actually just wanted her heart to stop hurting and stop beating, it didn't.

She felt sick to her stomach, dizzy, watching the ambulance leave and the red and blue lights fade. Bakugo called out a few times but got no answer. He heard her breathing become heavier. I guess you could say, someone took her breath away.

"Frosty!" He shook her a little, she looked at him with very red eyes for crying. "Are you okay?!" But she couldn't answer. She collapsed into his arms, Katsuki gently laid her on the floor.

"Hey, wake up."

~Moments earlier~

"Do you really think he'll be okay?" All Might asked as the ambulance began to pack up. "We just have to have faith, knowing Midoriya, he'll be okay." Aizawa reassured him.

"Is something bothering you?" Aizawa asked. "I just don't understand. He doesn't seem like the type to...ya know."

"He doesn't. But he has been acting weird lately, have you seen his neck?" All Might shook his head and took a sip of his water. "I tried to, but he slapped my hand...oh."

Uraraka came bursting out the door, running as fast as she could.

"H-help!! It's-its Y/n!"