S1, EP 5: Letters And Online Friends

Y/n didn't take into account how nerve-racking it would be to wait for results. She distracted herself with school and setting up her new phone. It was a birthday gift but she's just now opening it.

'Oh, what's Snapchat?'

She had spent several minutes in her room trying to set up her (iCloud/Gmail whatever you prefer) and it was easier than she thought. She feels kind of old.

After downloading the app. 'I don't know what my user name should be, so I'll just put Y/n, maybe I can change it later.' And thus, she signed up for it and made a bit emoji.

The door opened slightly. "Y/n, go to bed." Her dad said. She turned the phone off and placed it on the table. "O-okay, g-goodnight."

It must've been only a few minutes, although it felt like hours she had been sleeping. Her brain started to shut down, her eyes drifted off. Only to be interrupted by her phone buzzing.

'Just ignore it,' she thought to herself, but it buzzed again. And again, and again—

'Ugh!' She sat up and grabbed it, immediately lowering the light illuminating from the phone. A bunch of people added her. And she added them back. But only one texted her.

'Huh, KirisRockHard? Who are you?' Well, they snapped her, at first she was scared to open it. But she finally clicked on it. It was just a picture of a guy with spiky red hair and a headset on, smiling, his teeth were sharp and he did the peace sign. Captioned 'SUP'

'What do I do? How do I snap back?!' She double-tapped. 'It's pretty dark, I should send a picture of my lamp—wait no that's lame, uh, my room? No, it's also lame. I don't look great right now, maybe if I put a face mask on—no! I should use a filter—but they're so ugly! I don't know what to do!'

It took her about two minutes to settle on just a normal picture of just the top half of her face, just her eyes and her hair in a bun. She didn't know what to do. She didn't have to text him back, but she did.

'So I should say hi back, or hello? Hey? Sup? Wassup? This is frustrating! I should just leave him on received, but that's rude.'

And she captioned it; 'I don't really know what to say to that I'm new here'

'I'll get the hang of it someday, hopefully. I might end up deleting it.' She put her phone on the dresser and turned the other side.

She closed her eyes, her phone buzzed and she immediately sat back up. 'He texted back!'

His picture was him smiling again, but he had the phone propped up on something and the light was off now, the only light source being what seemed like a tv. Captioned; "oh I get it never meant someone my age that didn't know Snapchat, by the way I don't recommend using the filters..." she chuckled at that and prepared for another photo.

She captioned her next one; "You're fifteen too? I just got this phone"

Y/n didn't plan on staying up that late, the next time she looked at the clock it said 3 am. 'I've been up for that long?! Oh god fathers gonna kill me!!' She's been on YouTube for the past couple of hours. Did this happen to everyone who had a phone or was it just her?!

"It's so late Kirishima, I didn't think I'd be up this late" she texted back. She's been staring at this screen for what seems like endless hours. And during those hours she's somehow discovered a song called 'montero.' Aka, Call Me By Your Name, she's not sure how she feels about it though.

"It's the weekend?" He replied.

"I know but I'm not supposed to stay up this late"

"Well unless someones watching you..I'd say it's fine, but yeah if you're going to sleep then goodnight" Y/n debated for a while, she wasn't sure if she wanted to go to sleep.

"I don't know if I want to sleep, I'm not tired..."

"Then stay up 🤨" he raised an eyebrow in his photo.

"...maybe just tonight...just tonight though"

As soon as that snap was sent, Y/n knew it wasn't going to be that easy. It never is.

Two weeks, two weeks have gone by. Two full weeks. And Y/n feels as though she's known Kirishima for a while. She's tried to avoid calling him, because of her stutter she doesn't want him to hear. She told him about it and he replied;

"I think that's cute! It's nothing to be insecure about dude"

And those words haven't left her head.

Today she laid on her bed, once again waking up at the crack of dawn. And she was scrolling through Instagram.

A knock on the door caught her attention. "Y-yes?"

"Your letter came!" He yelled, opened the door, threw it at her, and slammed it. She was so caught up she hadn't realized who it even was.

'Oh my god!!'

Her first instinct was to text Kiri, so she sent a picture of it on her bed. "MY LETTER CAME!" She sat her phone down and ripped it open.

He always texts back so fast, it makes her wonder what he does all day besides playing the game. "NO WAY MINE TOO 😲"

"DID YOU GET ACCEPTED?!"

"Hell yeah! DID YOU?!"

"Much to my surprise, YES."