S1, EP 9: The Battle

'Okay, you can do this!' Uraraka told herself. Was it all too much? Y/n had left for a few minutes, all she had to do was wait. Of course, Y/n would've taken her position but she's not the one who can float stuff.

Y/n didn't have great reflexes, not as good as Katsukis at least. Only just halfway down the hall, giant ice was aimed at her. That she managed to evade and jump back just in time. It was too close to hitting her.

She panted and took a step back. 'Well, we're starting early I guess,' What could Y/n do? Ice versus ice? With her quirk only being colder. She would only be setting a trap for herself, she's a close-range fighter. With his hot and cold quirk, she stands no chance.

He sent more ice, she jumped back again. Now she was trapped, the huge ice shards covered the hallway.

"Uraraka!" She said through the comms, she replied with a loud, "Yes!" And began action.

The ceiling suddenly fell and shattered the ice. Y/n now stood face to face with the boy.

Although Uraraka had her own mission, she was just now leaving to do her part. When Y/n suddenly got flying back into the wall, with Todoroki pointing an ice sickle at her like a gun. His arm sleeve was cut and bleeding, with his other arm covered in a thin layer of ice. 

"That was smart, but undo it now." He said, his arm went numb, in only a matter of seconds. It's spreading faster than Y/n anticipated, but it is pretty cold in here even without Y/n's help.

"I-I c-c-cant I-don't have any th-thing to remove it..."

"You did it, surely you can undo it."

"N-no, b-but you c-could use your f—"

"Forget it." He threw the ice sickle to the side and began to walk away. She hadn't thought he would quit. Now she felt quite bad.

Once he turned around the corner, a raging fire was released and melting the ice. Y/n's never seen flames burn so bright, not even her brothers.

'It's...not working.'

By the time Shoto came out, the buzzer blared and All Might announced the winners. "Hero's win!" Y/n should be cheering but she was just as confused as Shoto.

She ran over to him, to see his arm. Still covered in her ice? "Oh no, we n-need to get you t-to recovery girl!" She grabbed his hand and began leading him down the hall. In all silence, Shoto had just let her, when he had already healed his hand.

Where Uraraka had landed? On the weapon, with a floating Shoji.

She brought him all the way down to the nurse. He meant to say something, but no words came out of his icy mouth.

He stopped her at the door, before she opened it. "It's fine, I can feel my hand again,"

"Are you s-sure?" He nodded, she still held his hand as tightly. "Okay! S-sorry about th-that.."

"Can you let go now?" After it hit her she let go and chuckled sheepishly. "Sorry again.." she mumbled.

She felt as though she needed to apologize to Uraraka, she met her just outside the room the weapon hid in.

"Are y-you okay?" She asked with a weak smile. Uraraka nodded, on the verge of yawning. She must've had one hell of a fight with Shoji. The tired Ochaco suddenly collapsed into Y/n's arms. Luckily she caught her, but she couldn't move. Due to shock. Y/n forgot about the coat she lent her, it was rather big on her.

"Oh, I'll tr-try to carry you.."

Y/n brought her back to Recovery Girl. Perhaps the little old lady was starting to get rather annoyed with Y/n. But that must've been the least of her concerns. She went back to class. She should've checked on Izuku while she was there. She had way too many thoughts for her own good.

"Hey! That was cool, Eh? Wasn't it?" Kirishima nudged her a bunch of times as they walked, but Y/n went back into her little world. Far, far, far away from earth.

"You okay?" She looked dazed. High up in the clouds where no one could reach her. Except the next time he nudged her she suddenly pushed him against the wall.

"Woah! Whats-uh what's up with—"

"Will you shut up? You're annoying leave me alone." Her voice sounded a bit deeper? She proceeded down the hall. He was left with a confused expression, and watched as she opened the classroom door and shut it.

'What happened to her cute stutter?? Aw man! It's probably that time of the month!'