46.

"Almost done." Jungkook smiled. He ran his fingers through Hoseok's hair to rinse the hair dye out.

Hoseok had his eyes closed and he felt at peace. Jungkook's fingers were soft and delicate around his scalp. The shampoo he used smelled like apples.

"Okay! Finished." He replied, grabbing a towel to stop the dripping from wetting his neck and t-shirt.

Hoseok enjoyed the feeling and finally opened his eyes. He looked at himself in the mirror at his vibrant red orange hair.

"It looks good. Like always." He complimented.

"Thank you. Now look at me."

Hoseok turned his body towards him. He was sitting on a small stool so he was able to rotate easily. Jungkook kept drying his hair very gently. Almost like he was a child.

He made sure to dry underneath his ears and around his neck. His face was blank, but beautiful. It seemed that he was thinking of something.

Hoseok wondered if he was thinking of a way of breaking things off with him. Would he be as gentle as his hair drying?

Either way, he enjoyed every second. Admiring and capturing every detail of his face. The moles on his nose, under his chin, on his cheeks. They were light brown and so faint they could be missed.

Not to Hoseok though.

No detail of him was overlooked. Jungkook was now saying something, but he wasn't listening. He was only looking and engraving this memory into his psyche.

After he brushed his hair he plugged in a blow dryer. He began drying and brushing to style his hair. Still, he was speaking and smiling.

"Do you know why I dye my hair this color?" Hoseok asked, interrupting his conversation.

Jungkook tilted his head to the side and shrugged. "Uhh..." he knew the answer to this, but didn't want to say it out loud. It sounded very shallow of him to feel so important.

"You're right, it's because it's your favorite color." Hoseok replied almost like he could read his mind.

Jungkook smiled timidly as he continued to style his hair. Hoseok smiled too. He kept the conversation going knowing their smiles would stop as soon as he spoke again.

"I thought that maybe if I dyed my hair this color, I'd be your favorite too."

Jungkook's eyes flashed with sudden guilt. He swallowed harshly and turned off the loud hair dryer. They both sat in silence. Hoseok looked at him while he avoided his gaze.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. Tears brimming his iris and spilling out his eyes uncontrollably.

Hoseok wiped his tears and shook his head, "Don't cry. It's okay really. I knew you didn't feel the same and I chose to stay by your side."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!" He cried. His breathing was heavy and his crying child-like.

Fragile.

Hoseok got up from the stool and pulled him in for a hug. He sobbed against his chest while gripping his shirt to pull him closer. He could feel himself go into darkness. His sun was no longer in the sky. It was dim and lacking happiness.

The worst part was that he knew he was only hurting Hoseok by keeping him this close. By leading him on. But without him, he didn't know what to do.

He'd go mad. He'd fall back into that insane vortex that was draining the life out of him. The day Taehyung left he took his soul with him.

And though he didn't love Hoseok in a romantic way, he still loved him. With him he felt his sadness and sorrow diminish.