eleven

kaylie

When I woke the next morning, my entire right side was sore. The bruises were faded or completely gone, but you could still see where Niall broke my bones. There were purple hand marks, healing much slower than my other injuries.

I weakly rolled out of my bed and dragged myself into the kitchen, but trying to keep myself from stretching was a struggle because the bones were still tender.

Using my left arm, I awkwardly pulled open the fridge door and grabbed the Orange juice and put it on the marble counter top.

I reached up into the cabinets to grab a glass, but the pain shot through my side and I cried out in agony, leaning onto the counter.

A warm hand gently wrapped around my waist and stretched above me before placing a glass in my hand.

Lemme look at ya, he thought. Even in his mind I could hear that thick accent of his. I slowly turned around in his grip, our bodies pressed tightly. His fingertips ran softly under the band of my sports bra and over his handprints. The same comforting touches were once rough.

I'm sorry babe, I had to.

Niall, I told you it was fine.

But I hurt you,

"It's fine, I promise." I rested my head on his chest, listening to his speeding heartbeat.

"I have a lot of questions for you," his voice rumbled through his chest.

"I was afraid you'd say that." I wriggled put of his grip and poured the juice into the glass.

"Kaylie, do you remember anything that happened last night?"

"At this moment, not really. Sometimes I get my memory back and other times I don't."

"Why were your eyes red?" He leaned against the cabinets and watched me swirl my drink.

"Red?" I asked, my attention really focused on his questions now.

"Yes, bright red!" Niall pushed, obviously concerned.

"Hmm, my eyes haven't been red yet. I wonder what that was about," I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Red is for pain," Danny sauntered in as he rubbed his bed head.

"I'm surprised they weren't a duller red, nearly pink." He laughed, looking between Niall and I.

"Pink? What for?" I questioned. Danny had a smug smirk on his face, winking at Niall before answering.

"Love. Do you not remember the kiss? It stopped you from killing everyone in the apartment."

"What kiss?"

"I told Swift here to swoop in a save the day, and place a kiss upon the princess' lips," Danny grinned. I raised an eyebrow at his wild behavior.

"You went from hating him to playing matchmaker?"

"Listen, I don't care what you to do. He just better not fuck you, that is only limited to me. He'd probably tear your body to shreds. Lucky for him you're a bit of a masochist." Danny giggled before running out of the kitchen.

"Am not!" I yelled after him.

"Tell that to the whips that you hid under your bed!"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, trying to hide my embarrassment.

"Whips, huh?" Niall pulled me close to him again, leaning into my neck. He began to leave little and light kisses on my neck, until the doorbell rang.