thirteen

danny

"Good morning, babe." I mumbled as the sunlight shone through the curtains. Kaylie picked her head up from the pillows and smiled at me. She rolled herself on top of me only to reach for a shirt on the table beside me.

"I feel like I'm dying right now," Kaylie groaned as she sat up to pull her shirt on. I noticed that all of the small scratches haven't healed since they've been made. Nothing had healed like they were supposed to.

"Weren't those scratches supposed to be long gone?" I asked her as I trailed my finger down a long one. She hissed and flinched slightly before standing and looking at her back in the mirror. She turned and twisted trying to get the perfect view. After groaning in frustration she looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Does this mirror come off the wall?" Kaylie asked me as she took my phone from a nearby table. I told her that it did and she opened the camera to face herself.

I left her alone as I went in the bathroom and washed my face. I couldn't help smiling at the thought of marking her in ways other men haven't. She was really mine.

"No, no, no, no!" The sound of shattering glass echoed into the bathroom and I ran back into my bedroom as fast as I could.

Kaylie was seated on the floor surrounded my thousands of glass shards. She fingered the sharp material as she stared at it in disbelief.

"What?" I asked, trying to avoid the glass as I got as close to her as possible.

"My powers. They-they don't... Work?" Kaylie whispered weakly.

"What?" I asked in confusion as she turned to look at me.

"They don't work. I'm human." She began to tear up. I reached out to help her up and carry her away from the glass but a piece left a long cut down the outside of my leg.

"You're bleeding,"

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I took her back into her room before someone started to ring the doorbell. I kissed her forehead and wiped a few tears off of her face. I've never seen her cry, not like this.

I hurried back to the front door and swung it open. On the other side were the boys, with several duffel bags and backpacks.

"What the hell?" I raised and eyebrow and watched confusingly as Niall jumped from foot to foot.

"Since Kaylie is on house arrest, I thought that we could sleep over as part of the watch.." Niall explained as he scratched his head. I blinked at them, then looked at Liam and Louis as they shrugged and rolled their eyes.

"Well you've got good timing because she just lost her powers and is completely human until further notice." I stepped aside to let the boys pile themselves in.

"How's that even possible?" Harry mumbled as he plopped down into a couch.

"It must've been something from the cradle." I explained and sat among them in the living room.

There was a long and dreadful silence in the room, as no one had any clue what to say knowing that it wouldn't help.

I sighed and broke the silence, tossing Louis the television remote and left the room for Kaylie's. I was expecting Niall to silently follow like he always had, but no footsteps traced the path of mine.

I let myself into her room, not bothering to knock. Her lights were off and it was silent besides the sound of her breathing.

"Kaylie," I called out and found the light switch on the wall somewhere. She groaned at the sudden brightness and pulled the covers.

"What do you want?" She mumbled as she tried to adjust her eyesight. When she caught sight of me, she looked me over with squinted eyes. Kaylie looked as if I had stolen her pizza and she found out about it. It was awkward as she stared me down and I needed to hide from the gaze.

"I just came to see how you're doing, uh... I'll be back." I rushed as I ran into her bathroom. I washed my hands, hoping it would was away the awkward feeling I had and took a deep breath before opening the door.

The second my foot exited the bathroom, the wind was knocked about of me and I fell to the ground. I barely had a second to bring myself up from my knees before being hit again on my back.

"Kaylie, what are you doing?!" I yelled at her as she swung the wooden bat at me again. I caught the bat just before it left damage to my face at ripped it from her hands. Even weapon-less, she continued to attack me with punches.

Unaware of my strength, I threw her across the room and she slammed into wall before falling to the ground. There was a deep dent where her body collided with the wall but I knew that wasn't my main problem.

The room was completely silent, and this time I couldn't hear her breathing or my heart pounding in my chest.

"Kaylie?" I called out, my voice trembling. I slowly walked around the bed to where she lay, still.

"Oh shit, shit, shit, shit." I said, frantically. I ran my fingers through my hair and tugged.

She's dead.
-
YAY A CHAPTER DONE OMG FINALLY AND I GO BACK TO SCHOOL WEDNESDAY THEN 1D ON THURSDAY THEN UGH