twenty one

niall

I could feel her heart fall further into her chest when I said it. She said nothing in return but played with the fingers on my right hand. I didn't expect her to, I knew that she didn't feel exactly the same about me but I could survive with just being with her.

"What's your favorite color?" I mumbled.

"Pink,"

"Food?"

"Pancakes."

"Me or Danny?"

"Don't push your luck, kid." She laughed. Her giggles made me get all warm inside and made me blush uncontrollably.

"Our kids would be cute," she randomly blurted out.

"Our kids will be cute." I corrected her. Kaylie hid her face in embarrassment and beamed. Her dark curls fell around her and bounced here and there.

"They'd have your beautiful dimples and my Irish accent and that lovely hair of yours. My blue—our blue eyes."

"Oh they'd definitely inherit those oceans!" Kaylie slapped my chest and straddled my waist. She was probably about to tickle me when her phone rang.

"Why are you ruining my day off?" Kaylie answered, clearly annoyed. Aware of her position, she shook her hips slightly as she tried to seduce me. She rolled her eyes a couple of time before they widened. She didn't bother saying thing else to whoever was on the other line. She jumped out of bed and already started pulling clothes on.

"What's wrong?" I asked, sliding out of bed myself.

"My brother's alive." I followed suit at the news and quickly pulled on sweatpants.

"Ooh sweatpants, me likey." Kaylie bit her lip and stared at the low hung fabric across my hips. I knew what she was getting at, that dirty little girl.

"Just go," I pushed her out the front door and raced her down to the lobby by the stairs while she took the elevator.

After losing to Kaylie, we grabbed a cab. Fifteen minutes later we were walking through Captain's office door.

"Good morning, Darcy!" Kaylie beamed at the woman who was sat on Captain's new couch. Darcy, which I was assuming was her name, first twisted her eyebrows in confusion, then smiled when she noticed Kaylie's hand intertwined with mine.

"Good morning, darling. I hope you're feeling much better." Kaylie nodded in response.

"Good because you need to speak with someone," Kaylie followed Darcy from the office, but not before planting a kiss on my cheek.

While Kaylie was in an unusually good mood, Captain seemed not to be.

"What was that?" He questioned sternly. His cold tone bounced off the empty walls.

"What are you talking about?"

"You and Kaylie."

"We've been together since I arrived in New York, but we separated briefly before she flew out to California." I explained. Captain's glare made me feel awkward and uncomfortable in this situation. Especially talking about Kaylie and my relationship with her.

"Oh really?"

"Yes, sir." I nodded. He started making weird faces and tapping his pen on his desk. Loitered with paperwork every where, I couldn't see how he could even find a space to tap the bare glass.

"You're dismissed,"

I left Captain in his office alone and found Kaylie down in the holding cells. When I walked in, she was engaged in some conversation with Anthony, but was low enough that I couldn't hear much until I approached them.