seventeen

Kaylie

"Welcome to New York, Ms. Roy." The pilot smirked as he personally opened the door of the private jet. The rather attractive and middle aged man had a little thing for me. His head swam with fantasies of him and I sitting on a beach in the Caribbean and dirty images of us spending the night together in Paris. He was quite the adventurous man.

"You're such a gentleman," I giggled flirtatiously.

"Is there by chance, a Mr. Roy?" The pilot asked.

"Yeah, her father, a lieutenant in the League of Superiors and Unidentified Beings. I'm legalized to carry and fire a gun on anyone without punishment. Don't." The pilot lost all of his confidence and was filled with fear when my father stepped behind me. I rolled my eyes and stepped off the plane, completely annoyed.

"I hate New York," My dad complained. Fall was coming and the air was cooling quickly.

"No one told you to come," I groaned. Dad insisted that he come to New York with me to face Anthony and hope to calm this family feud instead of killing him. I'd rather just kill him on sight than wasting the talk. Anthony is coming for someone to die, and someone will definitely die.

A black Range Rover from the Headquarters took us from the Tarmac to the library, and left us to deliver our baggage to our hotel room.

When we got into the elevator to go down to the Headquarters, Dad and I had to both scan our fingerprints before descending.

Usually, the Headquarters is very calm and quiet, with few people in the halls because most were dealing with affairs regarding other headquarters around the world. But something about Anthony Roy screwed with the system.

The hallways were swarmed with businessmen and women, sprinting back and forth, dropping papers and pencils everywhere. It was complete chaos.

"Want to see the power of being a Roy?" My dad asked, smiling. I knew that we were a powerful family but I didn't exactly know how powerful in a first hand experience.

My dad motioned for me to walk with him, and we stepped out of the elevator. I expected to be trampled and pushed off of these heels and onto my ass in this extremely expensive, extremely white outfit.

As we walked straight through the chaos, everyone froze entirely. No one moved except for dad and I. Everyone stared in admiration of two of the most powerful family of superiors there has even been and ever be. This, this was Roy power.

"The Captain is able to see you now," Luke's secretary said as we approached his door. My dad thanked her while I, on the other hand raised my middle finger at her. I don't anyone telling me when Luke can see me, he can always see me, busy or not.

The double doors swung open, the grandest entrance for Captain's favorite. Bubbling champagne and  a brand new sofa for his favorite. All for his favorite, not his wife.

"Good afternoon, and welcome to New York." Captain put on his special voice for my dad, expelling authority and importance.

"Thank you, can't let my daughter and my son ruin New York, can we?" My dad laughed with his younger elite. Luke pointed to one of the staff wandering in his suite of an office.

"Katarina, please gift Mr. Roy with the report and show him his new office."

My dad and some petite blonde left the room, talking miles in a minute. The better occupied he is, the more time I'll have.