thirty two

"Well, what happened?"

"She was drinking a lot and passed out in the alley."

"Kaylie knows her limits. You've must've done something to piss her off that she'd ignore her body and drown herself in alcohol to dissolve her feelings."

My head throbbed and I rubbed my face.

"Get up, Kaylie."

"Fuck off," I groaned and pulled the covers over my face.

"Get up!" Whoever was trying to disturb me was pretty angry, but my pain was angrier. They pulled the covers, I pulled back, they pulled harder. I lost this fight and groaned again. Peeking an eye open, I found Danny and Niall standing in our room. It was morning now; the sunlight had shown through the curtains.

"What do you want?" I sat up slowly while pushing a clump of hair out of my face.

"I'm upset with you," Niall spoke with a monotone voice.

"I'm upset with you!" I yelled back in protest. I slid out of bed and got to my feet, wobbling a little. Niall moved to speak but stopped when we got the feeling.

"Just get your suit on, we'll talk about this later."

By the time we reached Main Street a large crowd had gathered and Captain was already there. The other boys had left to rescue other major cities as the numbers of villains had increased dramatically.

"Fireboy over here wants to see Kaylie," Captain spoke upon our arrival. I felt my face twist in confusion. Me? Why?

I looked over my shoulder at him and strangely recognized him. He reached his hand out as if I were two feet away instead of twenty. For some reason, I felt like needed to take his hand.

"It's nice to see you again darling," He took my hand and kissed it gently. The burning sensation in my hand took me back to last night. He's the guy I kissed in the bar.

The energy he gave off was enticing. I knew that if I started to let it inside of me, I wouldn't stop and I'd have thousands of joules of energy floating through my veins. It made me powerful, but was deadly to others and myself.

"I've been saving all my energy for you. It would be impolite for you not to have a taste, wouldn't it?" He pulled me closer so that our bodies touched. Then closer again so more of our figures touched. He knew that I could feel it. He knew I couldn't have it. Yet he made me take it anyways.

I dipped my face into the crook of his neck and inhaled. His energy was overwhelming as well as his scent and beauty. This man was dangerous to me, yet he held me softly.

I took in his energy and let the rippling waves of pleasure succumb me. His grip tightened on me again as my knees went weak.

If you don't get off of him, I will kill you myself. Niall thought to me. I shook my head. I can't, I won't.

I can't. My body wants his energy and he's willing to give me all. It's a drug. I thought back. I felt so guilty but I couldn't help it.

Suddenly, I was pushed away from my source and onto the concrete. My eyes shifted into a brighter blue as I growled. I picked myself up.

Niall moved to strike him but I pulled a forcefield between them before Niall was scorched by the man's ignited skin.

"What the fuck, Kaylie!" Niall yelled at me in frustration. My mind said to run to him, my body said run to the source.

Unfortunately my mind has lost control over my body.

My legs lead the was to the source, but Niall snatched me instead. He took me away from the scene immediately while Captain stayed to fight the boy of fire.

"See, I was upset with you before we went out, but now I'm even more upset! What the hell was that, Kaylie?" Niall fumed once we got back to the house. I was sitting on the couch with my head in my hands. I didn't bow in shame or fear but because I needed to control the energy coursing through me.

"The waitress in the restaurant. That's why I did it," I mumbled breathlessly. My heart was racing uncontrollably and every nerve in my body was on edge.

"You were jealous of the waitress last night, so you go and face fuck some guy in the bar? Only then to do it again today knowing he's a villain!?" Niall yelled at me again, this time knocking over some furniture in anger.

"It's not my fault. My body, it's attracted to his energy." I bit back the pain of containment. This wasn't going to end well, I know this.

"It is your fault!"

"Niall, stop!" I ground my teeth together, trying to regulate it.

"What? You can't deal with your own shameful actions? Grow the fuck up for once—"

"Stop!" I screamed. I lost my grip on the power. My mind and body were in two different places. Bad things were to happen.

"Or no one will take the time to love you!" Niall's words hurt. They hurt me enough to let my body take over.

I stood immediately and just the sharp movement sent Niall bound for a wall as glass shattered all throughout the apartment. Whatever wasn't broken rattled violently.

Cuts and scrapes adorned his finally healthy body. A large piece of glass pierced his right leg. His eyes were downcast. Not the saddened downcast, but filled with the fearful gaze that avoided the subject of terror.

I looked down at my balled fists. I didn't remember holding anything, but when I relaxed the muscles they revealed splintered glass. My hands held the most damage in the entirety of the room. My palms were bloodied and lacerated.

I dropped my hands to my side and let the blood trace my fingers and continue to the floor. I refused to look up.

I felt worse now than I did when I kissed him.

I fell to my knees in a heap. I had become the danger I feared I would.

Power is not priceless.

none of this was planned
and i was hoping to wrap
this book up but this came
out and just ripped my plans to shreds.