thirty four

I didn't bother wasting time and letting him fire up before I punched him in his throat. No air, no fire.

He stumbled back and choked, trying to withdraw air from around him, yet struggling to get a single breath into his lungs.

"Oh, come on! You surely can't be defeated with just one hit! Where's the fun in that?" I taunted Blaze as he rested on all fours. He found the energy to engulf himself in flames, the heat radiating out.

"It's this what you want?!" He shouted at me in anger. I laughed at him, not intimidated at all.

"Is that all that you've got?"

He started to throw fireballs one at a time which I dodged too easily. Then he began to throw them in pairs, and my forcefields didn't flinch at the flames.

After awhile, he became frustrated with the lack of success and engaged in hand to hand combat instead. He quickly learned that hand to hand combat required all of my focus, which left no room for my powers to interfere.

"You cocky little bitch!" Blaze spat as a fireball tossed me onto my back several feet away. I pushed myself up on my elbows and caught a glimpse of yellow flash past me.

"What'd you just call my girlfriend?!" Niall's hand was wrapped around Blaze's throat, applying the slightest pressure he could with his powerful strength and growing anger. He didn't waste time in waiting for an answer and tossed Blaze across the street into another wall.

"You okay?" Niall pulled me to my feet and rested his hands in my hips. His lips dipped into the curve of my neck and peppered a few kisses here and there.

"I'm good, really good actually," I mumbled into his cheek. I peered over Niall and caught Blaze coming for us and twisted my hand in the air. Blaze's hand flew up to his neck as his eyes bulged. I could hear him gasping for air, but I did not stop.

It took him a minute or two, but he had finally passed out and the authorities were able to detain him.

"Hey, I've got a question for you," Niall pulled away and played with my hands. I was tempted to ravage in his mind, but I refrained knowing he'd be upset if I ruined it for myself.

He pulled something from his boot and tossed it between his hands before tossing it at me.

"What is it?"

"Just open it."

I raised an eyebrow at him and mysteriously pushed the black velvet box open a crack. Then it clicked.

Small black velvet box.

A question.

"You're already mine but I just have to show everyone else that,"

It glistened in the light. The silver was bright and reflected the shock on my face.

"Supersonic, would you like to be my wife?"

that's the end of this
book i guess. i could
write a sequel but only
if anyone would want
me to. look out for my
next book because it
already under way.