twenty five

kaylie

29, 28, 27.

My faux death has made national news. The public ceremony will be broadcasted nationally while the boys and other high political leaders in the city bid me farewell. The street where Anthony "shot" me was loaded with teddy bears, flowers, and memoirs. They had to close it down soon after the news was announced. Traffic wouldn't be able to pass through the collection of tributes.

Three and a half days without him. I can't stop thinking of him. His pain must be unbearable. Whoever Anthony was after is living in immense happiness if they were sent to murder me themselves. The job is done without the blood on their hands.

26, 25, 24.
niall

23.

A week since she walked out of that door. My princess, my heart, torn from my chest. Her death made breathing tougher. Getting out of bed and just eating made me sick to my stomach. I refused to believe she's really gone. I still felt her walking through the house, trying to reach something on the top shelf.

Kaylie will never die. Never in my heart.

Captain, the boys, and I all sported our usual superhuman attire.

We couldn't attend her funeral without being in uniform. Unless we'd like to view from our couches.

I couldn't bring anything personal to leave at her memorial. Just these store bought flowers. Red roses, just like the one she had used to lure me to the roofs. It was the closest thing I would get to brining anything sentimental for the day.

"Are we ready to.. go?" Danny asked, his head hung low in grief. No one agrees or obliged. We were  scheduled to arrive after the mayor spoke a few words and he was nearly done. It's time to go.

As a team we stepped from our guarded car, taking the concrete steps up to the memorial that was placed in the park across from where she died.

She's dead.

The crowd that was present was enormous in size. Yet, it was beautifully quiet. A few sniffles were heard often heard as they gravitated as close as they could to us as the ropes allowed.

I was last in line to address the memorial. Captain was first of course. I didn't pay much attention to their choices of honoring her. I was too busy trying to avoid anyone's gaze while I stared across the street. It was physically empty but the emotions still lingered. I can feel her fear and her brother's anger. It was all there.

"It's all yours," Danny laid a hand on my shoulder. I stared ahead at the concrete tribute. It was etched with name and her legacy. It had everything everyone else had commonly known from the outside.

Little did they know how loving she was from behind closed doors.

I stepped up to the top step and faced what I feared most.

She was dead.

I laid a single red rose at the base of the stone.

For my princess,

I stood with my head hung low. The rest of the lads joined in a circle around the monument and kneeled to pay our respects.

The rest stood, I didn't. I sunk towards the ground, crying. I promised myself I would keep it together but I couldn't. With my right hand laid against the tribute, I laid a single kiss.

"Come on, it'll be okay." Captain offered a hand.

It'll be okay.

kaylie

"Mommy, why are people crying?" Brielle asked her mother as she looked at the television instead of her crayon drawing.

"Someone died, baby."

"Who died?" Noelle asked next.

Oh great, this is gonna be interesting.

"I did." I blurted out. The twins turned around with horror in their eyes.

"I didn't actually die, obviously. They all think I did."

Noelle nodded her head in understanding but Brielle shook her head in disappointment. The kid must know what trouble I've stirred.

Niall came upon the screen, laying a single rose on the ground. I noticed that his body was shaking, weak and thinner.

Everyone kneeled around the tribute, and stood except for him. He was crying. Bawling actually. He leaned on the stone to keep himself from crumbling.

His heart was gouged out alive while my only injuries were a bruise from the bullet proof plate in my suit.

I found myself crying as I placed my hand on my heart, then the bruise under my ribs. The physical pain of watching his heart break was unbelievable.

The twins must've noticed because they climbed in my lap.

"Why are you crying?"

"Because I miss him. A lot."

"Do you love him like mommy loves daddy?"

"Yes. Maybe even more."

"Then don't be sad! You said Daddy will come back, then he will come back."

"I wish it was that easy."

22, 21, 20, 19, 18, 17.

niall

16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8.

My house was empty. My heart was broken. My health was deteriorating.

But I do not care.

I only want her. If she does not eat, then neither will I.

She has not walked through the door. She will not come. I must move on.

Everything smelled like her. Her shampoo was in the shower. I knocked it down and recognized it and cried uncontrollably.

I must move on.

He killed her. I will find him and kill him myself. He deserves nothing else but misery and pain, like I have suffered.

I must move on.

I am weak and tired. I sleep most days away to control the pain. When I can't sleep, I drink my way into oblivion. No pain, no suffering.

I must move on.

But today will not be the day.

kaylie
7, 6, 5, 4, 3.

"Are you going to tell me the prince's name or will I have to guess?" Allison asked after I had calmed down a bit. The twins were so cute that it warmed my heart.

"Niall Horan. An Irish boy, straight from the source."

"Horan?" Her eyes widened and her body shook.

"You need a flight back to New York now. Right now!"

"Allison, what's wrong?" I questioned, getting up from the couch.

"Anthony is going to kill the last Horan."

I was supposed to make this a really sappy and cry chapter but it wasn't happening yikes. goodnight.