twenty four

kaylie

"They say that your brother's location has been found and they plan to take him down tomorrow."

My heart stopped and my eyes nearly fell out of my head. "Tomorrow?" My voice shook lightly in surprise.

"Yeah, are you gonna be okay?" Niall laced his fingers with mine and rubbed his thumb on the back of my hand.

"Tomorrow?" I repeated. I could feel my heart rate rise dramatically. I'm not ready for tomorrow.

"Kaylie!"

What? I'm just dying inside that I'm going to have to leave you. Your heart is going to be ripped from your chest, yet again. I'm going to be at fault, yet again.

"Kaylie, wake up."

"No,"

"Come on, princess. They've got to take you to the safe house now."

My eyes fluttered open and I muttered curses under my breath after not let my eyes adjust fully. A group of men and women who were dressed in tuxedos were standing at my door for escort.

I was already in my suit, wanting to spare the details of what happened after I had passed out. I left one last and passionate kiss on my lover's lips.

One last hug.

One last goodbye.

I knew that after I walked out of that door, I was dead.

niall

"I have to tell you something, and I need you to be strong for me. For both of us." Captain's voice sounded strained and weak.

Kaylie had left over an hour ago. I sat by the television watching some random shows since then. I didn't want to be too far from to door when she came home. I couldn't wait.

I knit my brows in confusion and snugged the phone closer to my ear. "Anything, lad. What's up?"

"I really hate to even tell you this. I wish it hadn't happened."

"Captain,"

"Niall, she's dead. He killed her."

kaylie

"Here's your ticket, upper class but commercial. Everyone knows that you'd never be seen riding commercial, so here's for cover." Anthony handed me my boarding pass just as he snuck us both past security with his bribed guard.

"I'll be in hiding in Buffalo, so don't be afraid if you're getting unknown calls from there. T minus thirty days until Wipeout." He mentioned the countdown for the plan we called Wipeout. Thirty days and counting.

I hugged him goodbye and lugged myself onto the plane. Hours until Texas. I should be fine, right?

No, I wasn't fine. My face gave nothing away of what was eating at me inside. I constantly thought of Niall, then constantly scolded myself for doing so. I was not going to thrive, or survive, if I couldn't get my guilt under control.

You can go back, don't feel bad.

He thinks you're dead. That'd be a smooth move.

You'll learn to appreciate his presence more afterwords and vice versa.

Dead bitches don't appreciate anything.