thirty one

kaylie

"Do you even love me?" were the first words that slipped passed my lips when I walked through the door. I could see the anger rise in his face as he stood from his seat and the kitchen table.

"What kind of fucking question is that?"

"A reasonable one!" I yelled as my anger at least matched his.

"Of course I love you, why would you even think that I didn't?!"

"You left me for dead, twice!" I choked and covered my mouth to hide the hurt. He had started off down the hallway where my back laid flush against the front door.

"You don't know what happened!"

"Are you cheating on me?" I dared to ask. He stopped mid-step and slowly turned around.

"Excuse me?"

"Are you fucking cheating on me, Niall?" I repeated, this time with much more force and anger. He said nothing and it broke my heart more than if he had admitted to it.

"I'm leaving," I whispered and turned to open the door.

In record time, he slammed the just barely opened door closed and threw me against the door.

"What did you fucking say?" His voice was harsh and rasp and was meant to intimidate me.

"I'm leaving. I don't want to be here with a cheater."

"You're not going anywhere. I will not let you leave me again."

"You're a cheater!"

"I didn't fucking cheat! I am completely mad for you and it drives me insane! Do you know what it's like to love someone like you?! It's so fucking easy to to get hooked on you and you pull crazy shit and it makes is so hard to let you out of my sight! For god's sake, I'm going crazy," His voice decreased in volume as he slowly fell to his knees and rested his head against my stomach.

"I'm going crazy," he mumbled again, much softer than he spoke just a minute ago.

"Why didn't you come find me? They told me you weren't coming but I refused, I refused to believe it. They told me you didn't love me," I slid down the door and found myself on the floor as well. I had fit in the small space between him and the wall and faced his tired expression.

"I couldn't find you, princess. You disappeared off of the face of the earth. Only if I knew the things I do now, you'd been home the next day," he sighed and rested his forehead on mine.

I had to understand that we both went through pain and withdrawal during those three months. Mine was different from his and his was different from mine. I couldn't yell at him for not saving me when I didn't know what it was like on the outside.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, barely audible. I closed my eyes to relish the quiet moment. I knew he heard me when a soft kiss fell upon my lips.

"Are you okay? Your healing, I meant," He played with my fingers; a small but meaningful gesture that often occurred as we fell asleep together.

"I'm in a lot pain still, mostly my lungs and chest."

"Do you want to sleep?" I nodded. He gently took me in his arms and laid me on our bed.

"We've never been on a real date," I whispered as ran my fingers through his hair.

"We can go on one tonight,that's if you're feeling well enough."

"We can do that," I nodded off to sleep peacefully.

White is my lucky color. Not only does it make my blue eyes look brighter, but I can always pull it off.