one

|niall|

I always knew that I was different. While the other boys went lifting so they'd be able to play sports better, I didn't need to. I would accidentally pull doors from their hinges, break glass cups, and send balls flying for the hills. I thought I was a freak.

Until my mom told me what I was. She sent me to an academy where I was informed of my abilities, trained, and even made the best friends I could ever have. This year, my friends, Louis, Harry, Zayn, and I have finally graduated, and decided to move to live in New York City.

I arrived at my flat today, while the others will come in a week or two. I set my keys on the table near the door.

"I guess the movers actually do know what they were doing." I mumbled.

The trouble I had to go through to move my things from London to New York. I dragged my luggage towards my bedroom, where I threw myself onto the bed. I dug my phone from my pocket and put it on the bedside table and laid back down, until I realized what was on the bedside table.

A letter addressed to me. I grabbed the lavender envelope and tore it open, destroying the beauty of it. I began to read quickly, trying to find the reason it was left in my room.

"Dear Niall Horan,
We are glad to see you have relocated yourself to the Big Apple. We have been sent of your missions from London, and noticed that you would be a great addition to the League of Superiors. Thank you for joining us in protecting the city. We'll speak soon."

League of Superiors

I tossed the card stock back onto the bedside table. I sighed as I ran my fingers through my blonde hair. I grabbed my suitcase and unzipped it, beginning my task of unpacking. Sitting right on top of everything was the familiar yellow and green fabric. I picked up the smooth suit, watching it shine between my fingers.

I lifted the bed, frame, mattress and all, so effortlessly, and unhooked the metal safe from the underside. I set the bed back on its legs before unlocking the safe with my fingerprints. I placed the suit, mask, and boots inside before locking and hooking it back under the bed.

"This is what I live for," I smiled.

I spent the next hour in the shower, playing with the shower head settings. I was in the middle of washing my hair when I got that feeling.

That feeling I get when someone's in trouble. Someone needs help.

I jump from the shower, rushing to put on some briefs and get into my suit. I rub my hair semi dry with a towel before putting my green mask on, its cool latex just surrounding my eyes.

Using the darkness as a cover, I flew from my window high up into the sky. From there, I got a view of the city, and I spotted a large apartment complex fire. From there, I tore through the sky towards the blazing fire.

A crowd gathered in the street while fire trucks tried to tame the burning beast. I could hear the cries of a trapped person, trying to get free.

I flew through the side of the building, breaking through walls until I entered the room she was trapped in.

Turns out she was already being saved, by another superior, but when they noticed my entrance, a burning wall came crashing down on them.

"Save her!" they yelled before trying to lift the wall off of themselves. I knew there was no way they were going to escape, but I had to save the human first.

I took the girl in my arms, and flew her down to the nearest fire fighters. I raced back up to the other superior, where they were still trapped.

I could hear them grunting, trying to get free. I still couldn't see who it was through the thick and suffocating smoke. I quickly went over and lifted the fallen wall, letting them crawl from underneath.

I was about to jump out the way I came, but the ceiling started collapsing, blocking my path. I went to call over to the superior to find another escape when I saw them sprint towards the massive glass windows. They jumped through, falling as if they were the most comfortable in free fall.

Knowing the building could collapse any second, I followed their route, catching myself before hitting the ground.

Instantly, camera flashes and screams surrounded me. Reporters screamed questions at me, but I was too worried about who else was with me.

About a few meters from me was ebony skin, wearing a purple and gold body suit, crouched over on the ground, coughing. I was about to go and help them up when his head snapped up and our eyes met. Or should I say her?

She stared at me with anger burrowed into her eyes. Her long and wavy hair was dark, and swayed around her shoulders as she stood.

"Supersonic!" The crowed screamed. So that's her name, Supersonic.

"Hey, what's your name?!" a reporter called out to me.

It took everything in me to turn away from her, but when I did, I faced the reporter.

"The name's Swift." I spoke.

"Well Swift, next time, try not to almost ruin everything." Supersonic spat. She began to run before flying off, but she looped around and flew back over the crowd before disappearing.

"You're welcome." I whispered.