Chapter 10

Saanvi

I was sitting on the kitchen platform with candles around me while he was making us coffee. " Having coffee at this time is a bad idea. Do you think we should go for it?" He was still trying to decently avoid coffee. " Oh c'mon Mr. Business man! Didn't you have coffee at night to stay awake? Just once doesn't hurt! It's fine!" I said while I swayed my legs. He sighed and gave up finally. The weather was still the same with rain and thunders. I watched him while he was carefully adding sugar ignoring the fact that I was there. He looked very serious while working and my gaze was fixed on him. The light illuminated on him by the candles highlighted his flaw. But even his flaw couldn't divert my attention. I recall my memory of watching a full moon and smiling softly thinking about my perfect one. I felt the same curve on my lips as I adored him. "Here!" He said and forwarded my cup while he held his'. I cleared my throat and got down from the platform. " Let's go."  I said with a smile and headed towards the wide window. It was wide enough for us to look at the sea. I stood by the window leaning a little outside and took a sip. "Mmm! This is seriously one of the best I had!" I exclaimed as I took another sip, savouring it's taste for a little longer than the earlier. " Thank you! I learnt it from my roommate." He said while he stood beside me taking in the sea view. "It's a good spot." I nodded while I took another sip. " You should tell me the recipe. This is really good." He chuckled as he looked at me. " A recipe for a coffee?" I gave him a sheepish grin and looked down before saying the most dreaded thing. Well, not really! "You know....iam actually.....uh.....I don't know how to cook. So...." I laughed a little and looked back at the sea. "Hmm! I can understand. You are a working woman. So it's fine." I smiled softly. "Did you expect me to be a good cook?" I asked him and he laughed before shaking his head. " I remember the taste of those potato fry I ate at your house. Aunty told me that you made them. Eating that was enough for me to judge your culinary skills." I looked at him with a neutral expression. Don't tell me mom fed him those fries I made that morning! "Shit! Those were for my trial! Ah! Iam gonna talk to her about this! How can she feed you those!" I looked at him with a shocked face when I realised that everyone ate them that night! "Fuck! Man! Everyone tasted those! Oh no! It's so embarrassing! How should I face uncle and aunty! Oh no! I should probably disappear!" I seriously wish I can just disappear in thin air. It is really so embarrassing! I looked at him again who was stunned to his place. Now what happened to him! Wait a sec! I just cursed infront of him! Shit! I should have controlled my mouth! Now what will he think of me? A brat? A grown girl without manners? I should just apologize before it's too late. "Uh....Laksh! I.... I am sorry! I didn't mean to use bad words! Sorry! I don't curse often....." He quickly cut me off with his loud laughter. He was laughing loudly without a care and should I just say, he looked beautiful. His facial muscles went up in unison and there was this glint in his eyes which stood out and his lips was fully curved bringing out his natural beauty. He looked happy and now that face of his has become my personal favourite. I stared at him with a smile taking in this new moment. I hope I get to see this face often! His laughter slowly died down and he ended it clearing his throat while I looked away shyly. "Sorry! It was just funny! Iam sorry Saanvi!" My heart took up pace by the tone he used for my name. Was my name this beautiful? Urgh! I should stop acting like a teen in love! I cleared my throat not knowing what to say. "You should be! Oof! You should have told me that fry was awful! It would have saved me from this embarrassment!" I whined softly. "I don't think mom and dad had it! My mom doesn't like oily foods and my dad was on a temporary diet. So relax! I was the only victim." He said with a fake pity on his face. I scoffed and looked at the sky which was crying badly. Looks like it won't stop raining any soon. We finished our coffee and continued to look at the sea. "Do you watch Hollywood movies?" He was the one to start this conversation. I just nodded with a smile. "I like romantic movies the most! Feels good to watch them after a long tiring day." I was happy that he was initiating the conversation. I looked at him and nodded slowly. I kept staring at his curious eyes. The soft sound of rain falling on the leaves and the harsh sound of the waves hitting the shore. I couldn't hear any of them. Only my heart beat which was pacing faster as if I just ran a marathon. "Did you watch The Notebook? It's a good one." He said and I stared at him while nodding softly. There was this tension in the air that we felt as we stared at each other. The soft breeze hitting us making our hair move was the only thing we felt other than that romantic tension. I noticed his Adams apple move indicating his gulp. "It is a romantic movie..." He said softly while looking at me with the same feeling in his eyes. "Yes it is...." I whispered as I slowly move towards him, closing the distance between us. He was doing the same while looking at my lips. I never kissed anyone before but if I had to give my first kiss to him, I will. I parted my lips and slowly closed my eyes as our faces were close enough. But unlike in the movies, it wasn't a phone ring or a person interrupting us, it was the nature! All the lights were turned on suddenly and we quickly parted with awkwardness. I cleared my throat and looked away! Damn you electricity! Can't you just wait till we had our kiss? Should you just do this? "Uh......we should just sleep! You must be tired!" He said to ward off the awkwardness but it didn't work out! I couldn't even look at him without blushing. "Let's do that then! Let's retire for today!" I said and walked away quickly. How can I be this unlucky! Calm down Saanvi! It's okay! We took different rooms to rest for the night but thanks to my beating heart, I couldn't relax!

Author's pov:

Saanvi wasn't the only one , there was another heart beating like crazy refusing to slow down. Laksh has never felt this before. The feeling was weird and new to him. But it felt good! That awkward feeling and the anticipation of feeling her lips over his' made him unable to sleep whole night. Just like that the night ended with two hearts running a marathon and two souls bonding slowly.

💖----------------------------------------------💖

It's been a while😅😅  Iam glad to be back✌️😋 Hope you liked this chap! Was it boring?
Let me know in the comments!❣️
Comment
                   Vote
                            Share
            I purple you 💜