Chapter 27

My heart was pounding as I got ready for the big event. A part of me felt relieved for talking out but the other part is anxious. What if he doesn't choose me? Will I be able to take it?

"Saanvi!" Megha's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "Uh..." She shook her head in dismay. " I don't want my bestie to keep zoning out as I get married tonight." "Iam sorry Megha! Really sorry!" I don't want to spoil anything. Not today! Iam old enough to maintain my own emotions within. "By the way, what is an angel doing here?" She smiled as she turned to the mirror and looked at herself. " I look too good right?" "Ofcourse! You look awesome!" Charita rushed into the room and clapped her hands. " Time for some pics!" The rest of our group stepped in. "Sanjay!" Charita handed the camera to him as we all stood around Megha. "Woah! It's too dazzling!" We all giggled as he captured our happy moment.

"Almost time for you to step out!" Although I was feeling very anxious, I covered it up well with a smile. "Megs! Relax! You are just getting married to your love. Why so nervous?" Charita tried teasing her to distract her but Megha was too nervous to even react. "It's time! It's time!" She took deep breaths as she stood up. "Just make sure you don't pass out before the last ritual." Brinda commented as we walked with her to the dias.

The rituals started and we just stood by the side for any help. My eyes couldn't help but search for him. He was seated with Mona by his side. She had her arm wrapped around his and he didn't show any signs of resistance. They looked like a couple. My eyes turned back to Megha who was smiling. I shouldn't spoil the event with my bad aura. Brinda seems to understand me as her hand gripped my shoulder in a comforting way. I gave her a reassuring nod.

"Saanvi dear!" Aunty whispered to me. I bent towards her to hear her properly. "Go and get the extra leaves bundle from the store room. We might need them." I gave her a curt nod and stepped down the dias carefully.

It took me a solid 10 minutes to get back with the items. I was almost at the entrance when I saw them. At first I thought I was mistaken but when I stepped closer, I saw her. Mona was hugging Laksh and he didn't seem to resist her. She looked at me and withdrew from the hug as if it was something they are hiding. He turned to me and took a step towards me. I didn't know what to say at this moment. It might be a friendly hug but what bugged me was his apologetic look. Why was he being sorry! I can only make one thing out of it! He has taken his decision.

"So ...this is what you chose then." He was silent. His silence was more daunting to me. I looked away from him and took a deep breath. "I accept it!" It came out as a whisper and before anyone spoke, Brinda came out. "Saanvi, aunty is asking for you. Let's go!" I walked away without even a glance at him. I couldn't process anything anymore. Brinda held my hand as we stood by the side. I was thankful for her support.

"You can proceed to take the blessings now." The marriage was almost done with some rituals left. All throughout, Brinda was by my side making sure no one caught on to me. I was at my limit. Trying to control my breaking emotions while faking a smile is tougher than it seemed.

The couple was allowed to change before the further rituals commenced. "Go! Compose yourself!" Brinda gave me a pat. "Come back before Megha notices." I nodded and left without looking up. No place was as calm as the terrace. No one was there and it gave me my space as I leaned on the wall and let out my thoughts. I was controlling myself from crying 'cause I don't want anyone to know. I took deep breaths and looked up at the dark sky. It's time Saanvi! You have to move on! You can't keep holding onto him!

"Saanvi...." No! Why was he here? "What do you want Laksh?" My tone turned harsh. He took steps towards me. "Stay! I don't want you near me anymore! As you wished, it's over. I accept your decision!" He stopped in his tracks. " It's not what it looked like. You are mistaken!" I let out a scoff and looked away. "Then you tell me Mr. Laksh Arora. What is your decision?" I could hear my heart beat in my ears. "Mona and I have nothing! The hug was ..." I put up my hand to stop him. "I want your answer Mr. Arora! I don't want your excuses." He stared at me and a moment of silence prevailed. He stepped closer making my heart race faster.