Chapter 25

Saanvi

I looked at the mehendi on the plates as they started to sort it out. "Woah! I love it's smell." Charita held her Lehenga before climbing the dias and touching them. " I will fill my hands with them." She looked so excited. I looked around to see if Iam needed anywhere.

"Saanvi, I have a work for you." Megha wriggled her eyebrows as she rushed to me.

"The bride is looking gorgeous." She flipped her hair and giggled. "Okay so here's the thing. The groom's side people are going to join us. They are gonna arrive soon with the mehendi. Iam appointing you to take care of that." I rolled my eyes at her. " You acted big for such a small thing." She let out a sigh and rested her hands on her hips.

"Excuse me Madam! Iam providing you with opportunity and you are complaining?" I gave her a cheeky grin before hugging her. "Okay okay! I can't thank you enough for that. Now put up your sweet smile for the photos." She adjusted her Lehenga and went up the dias.

"So, do you remember what to do?" Brinda asked Sanjay and he gave a nod with a thumbs up. "Leave it to me. Iam gonna put him on fire till he confesses." Charita hit his head playfully and with a determined look, we dispersed.

The mehendi function started with some light background music and most of the women were crowded to put on the mehendi. Brinda wasn't that interested while Charita can't wait for her turn. Megha already ordered for the same expert to tend to all of us. So I decided to go after Charita.

"Saanvi." I looked up at Megha who signalled towards the entrance. I took the cue and rushed to take the contents brought by them.

"Hope we aren't late." Ritvik's friend handed me the plates. "Not at all." I was quick to put down the plates and rush back to take the rest from Laksh. He was wearing a light blue coloured Kurta, looking as good as ever. I made sure to avoid looking at him directly as a part of the plan.

Ignore him as if nothing happened! Act comfortable with Sanjay!

Our plan was put into action as Sanjay rushed over to me. "Give it to me. A beauty shouldn't carry heavy stuff." He winked at me as I handed over the contents to him. "Don't be so dramatic Sanjay! It ain't heavy." "Oh come on! Can't you let me help you for once? A princess shouldn't be doing these works." He winked at me again as he put down the plates. Started off good! Sanjay was doing a great job. I wonder what his reaction would be. As a part of the plan, it was Brinda's and my sister's work to spy on his reactions. I shouldn't at all look back at him.

"Saanvi, go and help with the playlist. And make sure Ritvik's friends are taken care of. Don't forget to help the women to settle down for the mehendi." A few women have come along and sure enough, Mona was one of them too.

"You shouldn't be ordering her around. How can she manage with all the work. Let me help her." Sanjay was sticking with me like a gum. I changed the songs list and turned back to look at Megha. She was happily looking at her hands. "Won't the beauty have her hands taken care of?" Sanjay stood beside me. I noticed that we were in Laksh's ear shot as he stood by the pillar, close to us.

"Oh come on! Stop kidding with me." I hit Sanjay playfully. "Who said I was kidding! You will look marvelous with mehendi on your hands." He looked at me with such affection that I thought it was real.

"I will!"  I looked back at Megha who smiled at me. " What letter will you imprint on your hand?" Sanjay asked with a tinch of nervousness added to his voice. I'd recommend him to the film industry!