Chapter 17

Saanvi

He was hardly available for me. His partners and friends were all over and he had to attend to them. I am nervous right now. How will he react at my confession? How should I confess to him? Dumbo! This ain't the time maybe! You need to plan and do it properly! You can't just confess out of nowhere. My inner self was going on and on about this. But I just can't wait! "Hey! Are you free now?" I asked as I approached him. "Uh...no. iam a little busy. Sorry!" His expression was telling me something is wrong. Is he having a bad mood? "Are you okay? You don't seem to be in a good mood." He turned away from me. That hurt! Oh come on! Saanvi! He ain't having a good day maybe! You should understand! "Let's go out and have a walk. Maybe you will feel good?" "Saanvi! Leave me alone!" He said softly and left. Something is definitely wrong. My eyes automatically travelled to her and found her smirking at him. Is she hitting on him? No! No! It doesn't at all seem that way. What's wrong here? Iam definitely missing on something! Maybe I should give him some personal space.

" Ladies and gentlemen! A party is not complete without music and dance. Let's welcome our host to start the dance for tonight with his fiancee. Lets welcome Laksh and Saanvi." Everyone started cheering and I looked around to see him staring at me. I can't pin point at his expression but something is going on. "Let's go." I held his hand and went to stand at the centre. The lights were turned off and we were put under the spotlight. "I remember you said you were a good dancer. I should trouble you at the moment to lead me." I smiled at him as he snaked his arm around my waist and I placed my hand in his'. Music started and we were watched by everyone. "I couldn't get your attention tonight. Are you really busy or are you hiding from me?" I asked as he lead my moves. I wasn't a great dancer but he seemed to be fluid with his moves. "Nothing like that. I was really busy." He looked away from me. "You are hiding something, Laksh. What is it?" I asked as he turned me. At this point, couples joined us and the floor was filled with others. We were no more under the spotlight. "It's just...." He started but stopped. He was hesitating. There was a moment of silence. "You look like a Lady's killer tonight." I winked at him as he made eye contact. "Do you mean it? Or do you just say it for the sake?" I stilled. "Don't you know by now?" I need to tell him how I feel. He is still doubting me. I don't blame him though. "I need to tell you something." He stopped as he stared at me. I turned him and we resumed dancing. How should I do this in a romantic way? "If you want to call this off, its okay." I frowned at him. What is he thinking? Why is he acting this way? "I never deserved you from the beginning." He looked away again. He spinned me and held my waist to support my weight as I fell freely. My arm was around his neck, holding my weight as we stilled. His face was close to me and his cologne invaded my senses. I looked at his lips and then at him. I need to show him how I feel about him. Actions speak louder than words! Nothing mattered to me at the moment as I pushed myself and placed my lips over his. He was taken aback and the hall was filled with gasps. He didn't let go for a few moments. It was more like a peck but it was my first. I felt a tingling sensation at the pit of my stomach letting me know how badly I fell for him. Just a mere peck was driving me crazy. He straightened us and pushed me away. My cheeks were flushed as I noticed the attention we were given. I looked at him and my smile fell. He wasn't taking it good. " Laksh! I'm sorry." I apologized and forwarded my hand to touch him. He shook his head and did the unexpected. He turned on his heels and walked away. Is this his way of rejecting me? I was quick to follow him. I wasn't able to put up with his long strides with my high heels on. " Laksh wait! What's wrong?" "What's wrong with you Saanvi? Why did you do that?" He stopped and frowned at me. "I just ...." I couldn't speak. What should I tell him? "Whatever your reason is ....it's wrong Saanvi! What you did was wrong!" He stated bluntly which hurt me. Ofcourse! Kissing like that infront of everyone is humiliating. But I bet they would understand 'cause we are to get married. It's only normal right?

"I don't think it's a mistake. I just did what I want to!" He let out a sigh. "You were like that since the beginning. Doing as you wish." Why was he so angry at this? "Why are you so angry Laksh? Was it so wrong for me to kiss the one I love!" At this point, I can feel my heartbeat in my throat. He shook his head and resumed walking. "Just talk to me Laksh! What is it that is bothering you?" I tried to stop him but he did the unexpected. He shook my arm away which made me stop. "Just get lost!" He snapped at me. It was as if iam looking at a different face of him. This Laksh was rude and heartless. Just what is wrong with him? Did he not love me? "Why are you acting so weird?" I asked and he stilled for a moment. He looked at me with eyes filled with rage. But I know that there is concern behind them. "I told you already! Iam not the right one for you! Why can't you understand a simple fact that we can't live happily." "Why?" "Cause there is this society who will start talking behind your back and mock you. The moment you are tied to me ..your life will be finished." He turned and resumed walking towards his car. "Please stop! Don't go!" I ran behind him again.

"Just go away! I will talk to aunty and uncle about our engagement." My eyes widened and he paused. "Our engagement is off! It's over! Don't ever bother me again please. It's not an order it's a request." My eyes started tearing up. " Just forget me and erase me from your life. Treat it as if it never happened. That we never happened!" He started the engine." It's not that easy!" I yelled. He stared at me and I continued. " I made you my everything in these past few days! I accepted you as my husband even before I shared your name. I kissed you infront of everyone 'cause I wasn't scared to show them that I was yours. I promised already that iam going to stay by your side my whole life." I took a deep breath before saying those words. "I LOVE YOU LAKSH!  I can't change the fact that I have fallen for you." He closed his eyes and his face scrunched up in a painful expression. Without even glancing at me, he left. I broke down on the spot. A girl like me never imagined that I will be crying for a guy. But my heart knows that a guy like him deserves everything!

💖-----------------------------------------------💖

I tried to make this as painful as possible. Did I do the work right?😅
Like!
Comment!
Share!
💜💜💜