Chapter 1

Laksh

" You ugly piece of shit! How dare you to propose me? Take a look at yourself dude! How ugly you are! Hmph! Loser! Asshole! Get lost! You are not even allowed to roam in this place! How can they allow such an ugly person!"
"Mona! Please don't say that! I really love you!" I said but she gave me a disgusting look. " Loser! Loser! Loser!" People around me started the chant. " Stop it guys! " Mona said. " I think it should be....ugly loser!" She said and smirked at me. I lowered my eyes. " Ugly loser! Ugly loser..." I closed my ears but their chant didn't stop. It was depressing to listen to them. I am ugly! I am indeed ugly! I hate myself!

" Laksh! Why are you sweating like this? Laksh! Wake up! Wake up!" I got up and saw my mom's worried face.
" What happened Laksh?" "Nightmare mom!" I rubbed my eyes and got up from the bed. "The same one?" I didn't reply to her. "Laksh! You need to forget about it! How long..." " Okay okay! My dear beautiful mom! If you worry so much you will get old soon." I pinched her cheek and walked away. " Hmph! As if this is any better! I am growing old and my son is still a bachelor." Not again! "Mom! I am going to freshen up." I said and got into the bathroom. "It is every parent's dream to play with their grand children. Having such a lonely big house, I want it to be filled with your children. Is it too hard? Are you even listening to me?" I ignored her and turned on the shower. This was my daily routine. Dodging my parents' words when the topic is of marriage.  lam just a normal person. A guy who is of marriagable age and is still single. A perfect career with a perfect family.

I got ready for my work and descended the stairs. Delicious aroma hit my nose. "Mom! What did you make for me? I guess it's something my favourite!" I looked at the dishes placed on the table as I sat down. Dad was already sipping his tea at the table. " Morning Laksh dear!" He said cheerfully. " Morning Dad!" I said and filled my glass with the orange juice. "Mr. Raghav Arora! Do you have any time to talk to your son?" Mom yelled at dad and I looked up from my plate. Dad looked at her and then at me. He was hesitating to tell me something. " What is it dad?" "Uh...it's something we both decided for you!" I can guess the thing coming. "We selected a girl for you!" There you go! " Dad..." " What? Talk to me!" Mom said and sat in front of me. " Your sister married her lover and is living happily in abroad. What about you?" I finished my breakfast and wiped my lips with the napkin. " Mom! It's of no use!" " How can you say that? You shouldn't give up without trying!" "Okay fine!" "Come early in the evening!" I nodded and got up. "Laksh! Even if it is your secretary I will accept her. Just get married son! I want to hold my grand children. I want this place to be filled with tiny tiny foot steps!" " Mom! I will try my best! I should get my girl first!" I said and looked at my watch. " Okay Mom. I need to rush! Bye! Love you!" I kissed her forehead and left. " Good morning sir!" My secretary wished me as soon as I walked into the office. I gave her a smile and walked into my cabin. " Sir...today's meeting list! And your schedule!" She placed the list in front of me. I was satisfied! I love if my work is organized! " Thank you Shreya! You can go continue your work!" I said and she left with a smile. I rubbed my hands and started with my work for the day.

Saanvi

" Just let me sleep for some time!" I said and hugged my blanket tightly. I was about to slip into a deep slumber when...." Ms. SAANVI SHETTY! When are you planning to leave your bed?" I quickly got up! The voice belongs to my great mom! I got ready and went to have my breakfast. " Hmph! I don't even have a helping hand. I should keep doing this even when I grow old! I have two lazy daughters! Good for nothing husband!" I hugged my mom from behind. " Why is my mom so irritated today?" She didn't reply. My phone started ringing and I answered it. "Ma'am! Emergency in ward 2!"
" Shift the patient! I am coming!" I said and cut the call. " Sorry ma! Gotta rush!" I said and kissed her on her cheeks and rushed out. I quickly got in my car and rushed to the hospital! Yes! You guessed it right! I am a doctor. I am a gynaecologist in the most famous hospital. Salary? I earn no less than a successful business man! A total of 6 figure! Status? I am single. My parents are looking for a perfect match. Well... mostly...everyday I get to see a different face! My great mom manage to get a match everyday and at the end all return back with no luck! Guess even today I need to face another! It has become a daily routine for me! " Morning ma'am! Patient is waiting!" I quickly changed into my OT uniform and got into the theatre!

💖-----------------------------------------------💖

Hey guys! Surpriseeee! Let me know what do you think about the chapter......keep supporting me ....

Like
comment
share

Until next update....love you all😘