Chapter 19

"One chance! Just one chance!" I begged again as I paced back and forth in my room. "O Lord, Our heavenly Father! I hereby beg you on behalf of my beloved crazy stupid idiot human of a sister for that one chance which might result in her wedding news." My annoying sister joined her hands and prayed which made me throw a pillow at her. "Meena, you aren't helping. Go get us some snacks." Brinda ordered. Meena huffed in annoyance as she stood up and left. "Get me that ice cream tub we bought." Charita shouted before she shut the door. "Look at her giggling! Argh!" Brinda quivered , looking at Megha. "She is a bride-to-be. It is natural for her to be in that voo-doo state." Charita stated as we looked at Megha who was continuously giggling and blushing at her phone. " Is she getting married to her phone?" I quickly shook my head. "Focus guys. We were discussing about me, remember?" I reminded them. Charita fell back on the bed while Brinda frowned. " What an asshole! I recommend you to leave him." I rolled my eyes and glared at her. " I told you this before. Don't make me repeat myself." Brinda was annoyed as Megha chuckled again. She charged towards Megha and snatched her phone. "We need to help her. Don't forget she won't attend your wedding if we don't help." Brinda was a firecracker. Megha's smile fell and she looked at me finally. "Sorry yaar Saanvi. I got carried away by the photos." "Are they from your engagement party?" Charita was quick to snatch the phone from Brinda and they all sat to take a look. "Take a break. We will have a meal and then resume our work. Done?" Brinda pulled me and made me sit in between. "Wah! Look at him. He is so good looking." Megha complimented her groom which made us giggle.

Charita was operating the phone while the rest of us watched. "Hey! There is this guy I noted. Wait, let me see if there are any of his pictures." Meena barged in with a tray of snacks. " Hey! Let me see too." She climbed the bed and hugged me from behind. "Arey yaar. Where is he, man!" Charita was furiously sliding the Pictures. "Hey! Give me the phone. Let us look at them if you don't want to." Brinda forwarded her hand and there, the tug of war started. " Give it to me." " Nope!" Megha was looking at her phone which was ,no doubt, going to be broken. "WAIT!!" Meena screamed and snatched the phone in one go. "Meena, well done!" Megha let out a sigh of relief. "I think I saw him!" She said while scrolling through the gallery. "Saw who?" She was focused on searching for the picture and disregarded our questions.

"I am sure , I saw him! I saw him!" She kept chanting. I lazily grabbed a lays packet and started munching on them. What do I do? How should I speak to him? Should I just barge into his house like mom suggested? No! I won't be surprised if he called police on me. "Yes! Here it is!" Meena screamed again and roughly pulled me by my shoulder. I fell on the bed, scattering the chips all over myself. "What the hell, Meena! Look at what you did!" I snapped at her. "You will thank me for this, my dear sister." She winked at me as she handed me the phone. "Is this real?" My happiness overweighed my surprise as I stared back at his Pic. He was holding a juice glass in his hand and the other hand was wrapped around the bride groom's neck. "Does this mean Laksh knows Ritvik?" "Oh God, our heavenly Father! You have heard me at last." There was chaos around me but nothing registered in my mind as I looked at him. He was wearing a white kurta and was smiling faintly. I missed him and I still do. "Congratulations Megha. Now Dr.Saanvi will definitely attend your wedding." Brinda announced and clapped which brought me back from my daze. "I need to talk to him. Make him understand how I feel. Even then if he rejects me, I will just give up!" I declared. My sister hugged me from behind. "Now that you got your chance, isn't it minimum manners to reward me?" She asked as she stood up on the bed, resting her hands on her waist. "Reward you for what?" Brinda raised her eyes. "For praying, obvio!" She shrugged with pride lacing through her body. "Come! I will reward you!" I attacked her and others followed.

"So you are saying that it is coincidence?" Pinky asked again as we washed our hands. "Hmm!" "Bullshit! You people are just meant to be." I smiled at her. "Argh! You are going for more than a week?" I nodded as I discarded my mask. "Chief is going to roast me at work! He is going to fry me!" She started her childish whining. "Don't come to visit me when you return. Go to the graveyard directly." I chuckled at her comments. "Fine! Go Big or go home!" She said and got up."That quote doesn't suit the situation, dumb head!" Latha snapped at her. And I was quick to sneak away from their cat fight.

The marriage was only 12 days ahead. Being her close friends, we are to be reported there much early as per orders from Megha's mom. Meena couldn't make it because of her exams and dad was suffering from diarrhoea at the moment. That leaves only me and my mom. My mom can never be away when either of us have exams. She considers it as a bad omen. Hence, Iam the only one from my household, attending."Aunty needs a heavy explanation when you reach." Charita was practically yelling at the phone. " You sound too loud! Where are you?" I put the phone a little away from my ear. "Iam at a party! I will call you later." "Party? When will you be arriving there?" "I will make it by tomorrow afternoon. You take care! Travel safe!" She cut the call before I can speak.

Brinda was already there when I entered the house. " Charita will be here by afternoon." Brinda gave me a thumbs up and went back to the decorations. She was aiding the men in putting up the flowers. I made my way to aunty and hugged her from behind. "Sorry aunty!" She pushed me away and gave me a glare. "Iam sorry aunty. I couldn't make it to the engagement." She ignored me as I kept begging her, following her everywhere. Finally, when we were in the kitchen, i blocked her exit. She let out a sigh and looked away. "I told you Iam sorry. I had to attend the major conference. My chairman strictly pointed me out to escort the VIP throughout the conference. It was the hospital's dignity that was at stake. Otherwise I wouldn't have considered it." She shook her head in disbelief which meant she was considering my apology.

"Here!" I handed her the purple packet. "What is it?" She acted cold. "An apology gift!" She cleared her throat as she opened the gift. "Trying to bribe my feelings with a gift. Don't think I will fall for it!" I controlled my laugh as her eyes popped out eyeing the silver neck piece. Apparently, aunty is a big fan of jewelry and so my apology is accepted.

"I heard from Megha. He is a good guy. Why would he reject you?" She served me the curry and sat down infront of me. "I don't know aunty. I need to find that out." I whispered softly as I resumed eating. I won't leave any stone unturned. I will leave here either with smiles or sadness but not with questions anymore. This, I promise!

💖-----------------------------------------------------💖

Hope you enjoyed!

Let me know what you think about this chap!

Vote!
Comment!
Share!
💜💜💜