Chapter 23

"Laksh!"

There was a moment of silence as no one spoke. I quickly collected myself and let out a chuckle." Why are guys staring at me like that?"

"Laksh! Can you pass me that soda bottle? Mine is empty." He seems to be in a trance as Mona quickly took the bottle and placed it in the middle. "You are to answer the question, Saanvi." She spoke with her clenched teeth as if she was fighting her anger.

"What was the question again?" I asked as I poured myself another drink with the soda. Ritvik repeated the question. "I miss my workmates right now." The tension which was built just a moment ago, subsided as the game resumed.

My eyes kept going back to them. Everytime, she touched him, I took a one shot. Brinda just stared at me as I got drunk without a care.

The rest of the game went smooth. By the end of the night, Iam sure Iam gonna blow my iam-completely-fine cover. The euphoria soon took over my senses completely as I chugged down another shot.

Laksh

She was smiling like an idiot as Varun cracked another absurd joke. I was trying to get myself drunk but nothing was working for me. But she was drunk even before the night ended.

I shrugged away from Mona's grip again as she snaked her arm around mine. She was bothering me way too much.

After a few more bottles and few more chats, people started passing out, drunk. I looked at Saanvi who was now swaying to and fro.

"Listen to me! Attention ladies and gentlemen!" She held an empty bottle to her mouth like a mike.

"Is there anyone single and ready to mingle?" She looked around with her drunken eyes. Nobody bothered to look at her as they were already in their own ecstatic world.Her friends seemed drunk as they cheered for her.

"I was dumped.... without any mercy...." She pouted as she looked at me. I was thankful that all of them are too drunk to even register what she was saying.

"He was my first love...." She whispered with a low voice. I let out a sigh and looked away. I can't see her this hurt.

"So...Iam declaring right now! Saanvi Shetty is ready to date anyone. So you guys ...." She looked at the other guys with a flirty smile. "Get in the line!" Her friend cheered for her again as she clapped.

It was almost 2:00am when the bride's cousins came up. They started helping the drunk to get to their rooms. Megha seemed a little sober as she barked orders at them. I looked to my side to see Mona completely wasted. Varun and Harsha were singing old songs and Ritvik was helping Megha.

I stood up and looked at the clear sky. "Laksh...bastard...." I heard her murmur. "You....carry her downstairs and you carry him downstairs. And Laksh...you take care of your girl." Ritvik held Varun and Harsha, helping them stand straight.

My girl? I bent down and softly shook her. "Saanvi, wake up." She just moaned and hit my hand away from her. Beads of sweat covered her forehead and her hair was pulled out in a messy way. Her sleeve fell from her shoulder as she moved uncomfortably. The corner of her shirt was lifted, exposing her waist. She was totally wasted without a care.