Chapter 14

Laksh

I was happy as everything seems to be fine with Saanvi. Maybe she really likes me. I shouldn't hurt her in anyway. "Sir! Sir!" I looked up to see my staff staring at me. I almost forgot that I was in a meeting. "Uh! Proceed with the current design. Notify the IT team about this updates. If we are able to release this product, our market will succeed and we will top the monthly list again. Keep up the good work." I stood up and left with my secretary following me. "Shreya." "Yes sir!" I took a deep breath before asking. "What does excite women?" I noticed her expression and then realised about my double meaning vocabulary. "Not the way you think. I meant regarding gifts. What will women love to receive as a gift?" She relaxed a bit before answering,
" Jewellery and especially Diamond have a way into a woman's heart. But it defers from person to person. For example I'd prefer gold over diamonds. So it's always better to take into account the person's favourite." She ended it with a smile. I gave out a nervous laugh at this. " What would she prefer?" I whispered and she seemed to catch it. "Maybe silver? Studded with a little diamonds?" I looked at her with a confused look. "How will you know?" "I noticed sir. She usually matches her dress with something simple and mostly of silver colour and sometimes with diamonds. Maybe she is into them." I really wonder how women do these multitasking! No one can beat them in that! "Thank you Shreya! I appreciate your help." Just when I was deciding on what to choose, my phone rang with my mom's number. "What is it mom?" "Remember the annual function that our family holds?" I hummed in response as I opened the laptop. "Invite Saanvi. She would love it." "But mom, won't she feel awkward among our family members? Few of my business partners attend it too. I don't think she will feel comfortable." "No she won't! I would like to introduce her as my to be daughter-in-law. Do you have any problem?" To be daughter-in-law! Feels too good to hear. "My cute baby! I want all of them to see your wife. They should be filled with jealousy when you two dance together. They should envy your perfect pair! " My heart filled with warmth as I heard the word wife. "Fine mom. I will invite her too. I will include their family in the inviting list." I cut the call and hit the buzzer. "Yes sir?" Shreya asked as I stood up. "The list for the invitations, I will check them." She nodded and produced the file before leaving. We , Aroras, hold a grand annual party for all our relatives and close business partners. It's just to maintain good relationship but people also take it as something that we do to show them our success every year. Inviting Saanvi isn't a bad thing but will she take it good? All of my relatives would be present there and ready to judge her with all their might. Iam afraid she might get hurt but a part of me agrees with my mom. Showing off my wife to be? The thought itself sends me off in a good mood. I will be there by her side to protect her from their bullying if any!

I returned home after dropping Saanvi at her place. We couldn't do much today because of her tight schedule. We got to have dinner atleast. I smiled as I saw her text,

Ah! Your taste in food is awesome 😋 I will leave the menu to you from now on.
Ps: The prawns tasted good especially from your plate😉🤭

I stopped in my tracks in the middle of the stairs and typed my reply,

I won't mind sharing my food🤗

"Laksh!" I turned to see my mom staring at me with tensed atmosphere. "What happened mom? Everything okay?" She gestured for me to settle on the sofa where my dad already sat with a worried expression. "What's happening? Why are you both tensed?" They both looked at me and then at each other. "It's been years Laksh. I hope it won't effect you as much as the past times." I gave them a questioning look. "Don't beat around the bush mom. Tell me what do you mean?" "I got a call from the Kapoors and it seems their whole family will be attending with their close friends." My heart took up pace as I can guess the upcoming gunshot. "That means only one thing....she will be attending too!" I sighed to calm my nerves. "Laksh! My baby!" My mom held my hands while I looked down. "You should move on from her. She isn't the one. She was never the one. She don't deserve you. You have your girl now. You don't have to feel intimidated by her anymore." Not anymore?! "It's good that she is attending. Let her see for herself how well iam doing. Don't worry mom. Iam fine! I don't have those nightmares anymore. Iam free from her." Am I, really? I gave a reassuring smile to calm my parents. "Maybe this time would be different. Saanvi will be there for you, by your side." I nodded as I stood up. "Don't overthink about it and have a good sleep. Good night then." I ascended the stairs and got into my room. Only after locking the door did I fell down. My eyes shut as my heart calmed down. The nightmares ceased but how long?
I am starting to have a good life leaving all my fears behind but at the end, they do come back. Just a look at her is enough for me to refresh the memory I had which caused my nightmares. Saanvi? What about her? Maybe this time it would be different. Maybe her words won't hurt me this time. She won't be able to hurt me anymore. I have turned strong enough to face her with Saanvi. But, what if she hurt Saanvi? How will I be able to take it? Saanvi getting hurt because of me? No! I won't be able to survive that pain. I will do whatever it takes to prevent that from happening! Mona Kapoor will never hurt my Saanvi! I will make sure of that.

Author

He couldn't sleep a wink as he kept thinking about their meeting. There is a reason for him to be in such despair. The cause of this is Mona Kapoor! She was the daughter of one of his company's share holder. The Kapoors  weren't as influential as them but the trauma that she caused to him is more than anything else. He was traumatized for years. It may seem a trivial matter to the audience but it was a nightmare for him. Saanvi is unaware of everything but a relationship should be built on a solid platform. It should be constructed with all truths good and bad. Laksh never shared about his past but he can't hide it from her for long. She must know it and she will!

💖------------------------------------------------💖

Does the plot seems to run? Or is the pace fine? Let me know✌️
V and C
I'd appreciate it💜