Chapter 5- Fight

~ 5 Minutes Earlier ~ Nick's POV

"Where is the Autopsy Gremlin anyway?"  Tony asks.

"Probably in Autopsy!" Ziva replies, rolling her eyes as Tony scoffs at her lovingly.

They head over to the elevator, but once McGee, Tony, Ziva, and Gibbs are all in there with all their bags, it's a little too crowded.

"We'll take the stairs, don't worry." Jack says and she and I turn to cross the room to the stairwell. The elevator closes and Jack and I are passing the bathroom door as Tali's voice carries clearly though it.

"So I was right! You do love Nick!"

I freeze, and Jack pauses. Looking at me, she smiles and disappears down the steps.

"Tali! You can't go yelling like that! What if they heard you!"

I approach the door, but don't knock or enter. My head is spinning with the thought of Ellie, Eleanor Bishop!- loving me!

"Ouch! You bit me!"

Ellie's voice.

A few seconds pass and I hear water running. I feel elated at the prospect of Ellie liking me! But it couldn't be true. Tali must have had it wrong.

"But... you would get rid of rule 12 if you could?"

"In a heartbeat."

Ellie's voice floats through the door and I cling to each word as if they are my dying breaths. I glance around the floor and am relieved to see that it was deserted except for me. I turn back to the door to continue listening, but am startled when it creaks open. And then all I can see is Ellie, her blonde hair flowing down her shoulders, her brown eyes shining behind held back tears, and I can't bear to see her upset.

"Nick!" She stutters, flustered. I must have scared her. "You! I just-"

Unable to wait a second longer, I lean in and kiss her.

Her hands are on my shoulders and mine are on her face. Kissing her, I pull Ellie close to me, feeling the heat from her body through our clothes. Our bodies seem to fit together perfectly as we stand on the empty floor. Hours could have passed, and I would have no idea. Nothing else matters, just Ellie. Ellie, with her silky hair, her brown eyes, her full lips.

"Oh yeah! Go Aunt Ellie!" Tali cheers from behind her, and we both smile, not pulling away.

I just continue to kiss Ellie because nothing can mess this up. I'm finally having my moment with her, and no one is here to stop us.

"TORRES! BISHOP!"

We jump apart as Gibbs' voice slices the air like a steak knife. Sloane comes sprinting up the stairs behind him.

"Nick! Ellie! I'm so sorry! He was too fast! He figured it out when I came down alone, and he-"

"Rule 12! Say it! RULE 12!"

I look from Gibbs to Ellie. I'm alarmed to see how red in the face she is. Not from embarrassment, but anger.

"Rule 12 is a load of BS!" Ellie roars at Gibbs.

I can see the rest of the team, McGee, Tony, Ziva then Jimmy arriving at the top of the stairs.

"Rule 12 is there for a reason!" Gibbs bellows back.

They're in a full out screaming argument.

"AND WHAT IS THAT? SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO ADMIT YOUR FEELINGS?"

"I DON'T HAVE ANY FEELINGS TO ADMIT!"

"TELL THAT TO JACK!"

Sloane's eyes widen as everyone turns to look at her. She opens her mouth wordlessly, but is saved when Gibbs yells at Ellie again.

"DATING COLLEAGUES NEVER ENDS IN A GOOD PLACE! YOU OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW THAT!"

With that, she snapped.

"I THOUGHT YOU SAW EVERYTHING"

Gibbs tries to cut her off, fury in his face, but she wouldn't let him.

"AND THAT WAS WHY YOU WERE A GOOD AGENT, BUT YOU COULDN'T SEE SOMETHING A SIX YEAR OLD GIRL DID! I ALWAYS LOOKED UP TO YOU! YOU WERE THE FATHER I NEVER HAD, BUT I'M SURE, IF HE WERE HERE, HE WOULD WANT ME TO BE HAPPY NO MATTER WHAT! THAT'S WHAT FATHERS DO. THEY TRY TO MAKE YOU HAPPY AND TO PROTECT YOU, BUT I GUESS YOU WOULDN'T KNOW THAT SINCE YOU COULDN'T DO EITHER!"

Everyone in the room except for a fuming Ellie and furious Gibbs draws in a sharp breath at her last sentence. She storms forward and slaps Gibbs upside the head. Turning to the stairs she shoves past her coworkers and flies down the steps, slamming the door behind her. Jimmy turns to follow.

Jack is the first to look at me with terror in her eyes.

I want to run. I want to run to Ellie, away from Gibbs, out of everyone's ridiculing stare.

Gibbs' head turns from the stairs to me. I prepare myself for a fight, knowing I need to at least match Ellie's fury.
———
That changed fAsT uh oh uh oh uh oh. You got this Nick. I know, I know, I made Gibbs a bit umm... psychopathic, if you will. Sorry not sorry