Chapter 30- Poisoned

"What's Jylinex, Palmer?" Gibbs shouts over the alarm.

"It's a poison! Lethal if you ingest it! It kills in 48 hours! It'll cause dizziness, blurred vision..." Jimmy stops as he comprehends the situation. "Nick's been poisoned with Jylinex!" He screams and Kasie turns to him, horrified.

"It attacks the brain cells controlling balance and most of your senses!" Jimmy continues. "It'll start making its way down your circulatory system! But there's an antidote! If he takes it he'll feel normal within 6 hours! We have it here, at NCIS! As long as Nick takes it in the first 24 hours he should be fine!"

"When did you get poisoned, Torres?" Gibbs roars at him.

"Poison?" Nick mumbles.

"This isn't going to work." Kasie whines, but Gibbs continues.

"Chapstick, Torres! When was the last time you saw chapstick?!"

"Chapstick?" Nick asks. Seeing the whole room nodding, he keeps speaking. "Jake had chapstick. Yeah, yeah. In the investigation room." He speaks slowly, drawing each word out. "He put it on just before he kissed Ellie."

The whole room gasps.

"But... but I didn't kiss Jake." Nick finishes.

"Ellie! Did you kiss Ellie?" Jimmy questions.

"Kiss Ellie?! I take one day off..." Kasie mutters.

Nick shakes his head no. "No... no." Everyone looks at each other in confusion. "No... she kissed me. And pretty good too."

Gibbs slaps Nick's head out of exasperation.

"We need to find Bishop!" Kasie says.

"We need to get that antidote!" Jimmy sprints for the closet.

"But wouldn't that have poisoned Jake too?" McGee asks, terrified.

"Didn't... even enjoy it." Nick murmurs.

"What?" Gibbs snaps.

"After he kissed her. He didn't like it. He wiped his mouth off." Nick begins blinking a lot, trying to see straight.

"What do we do, boss? We can't leave to find Ellie! I can't even get to my computer." McGee has tears in his eyes. "We have to save Ellie!"

After a few moments of thought, Gibbs turns back to McGee.

"You have your cell?"

"Of course I do."

"Call DiNozzo."

"Yes. Yes! I'm on it Gibbs!" McGee smiles in relief that Gibbs has a plan, and runs off to call him.

Gibbs pulls out his own phone and presses speed dial 1. Jack.

"Hey Gibbs. What's up?"

"Where are you?"

"Um... I just got out of a doctors appointment. Why?"

"Rule 28."

"If you need help, ask. What do you need Jeth- Gibbs?"

"I need you to get to a computer. On a private network."

"What's going on Gibbs?" There is static on the other side of the phone, and a car door closing.

"It's Bishop."

"What?!" Jack yells into the receiver. "Is she showing signs again? How fast should I be there?"

"No! No! You can't come to the building!" Gibbs exclaims.

"Why not? Is she at the bridge?!"

"No! Let me talk, would ya Jack?"

"Right. Go ahead." She falls silent.

"We're doing a joint investigation with the NSA and Jake was sent over-"

"What did you just say Gibbs?" Vance's voice startles him and he turns to see him on the TV screen.

"We're not running any joint investigations with the NSA." Vance says.