Chapter 12- She Didn't Know?

General:

"Go, go, go!" McGee whispers, and he, Tony and Jimmy rush to follow Nick into the restroom.

Ziva and Jack want to go to Ellie, to be supportive when she needs them. She's just standing there where he left her, her back foot still in the air as if she was going to continue walking. Her shoulders begin to heave as the tears overcome her will.

"Who's Jake?" Ziva whispers to Jack, hoping she had information that could be useful in the following conversation.

"An ex husband. I don't know anything else. I don't even know how it ended." Jack hisses back. "I was hoping you knew.

"I will retrieve McGee." Ziva runs silently to the male restroom and opens the door.

"Nick, she hates Jake. He was awful to her, you have to understand why she doesn't want to talk about it!" McGee is telling Nick as Nick paces the room, his fingers running through his hair.

"I spent an entire day with Jake once. I saw how she looked at him. I've known you for less than six hours. I saw how she looks at you. There's no comparison." Tony steps forward, looking straight at Nick. "You mean a lot more to her than he ever did. If I can see that, you should too."

"I know she likes me. But she could have told me! She should have told me! I've know her for five-"

Everyone in the room turns to Ziva when she enters, and she looks at all of the awkwardly.

"Um, neither of us know who Jake is. We need help." She admits quietly, and Tim rushes forward at the same time as Nick.

"Wait, she didn't tell Jack about Jake?" Nick asks, surprised.

Ziva shakes her head 'no'.

"She knows she was married but doesn't know any details."

Nick sighs.

"Jack's her best friend and she didn't know?"

"No. She was not trying to avoid telling you." Ziva says, knowing in her heart that it's the truth.

Before anyone can react, Nick leaves the bathroom, the door slamming behind him. Everyone left behind looks at each other, then cracks the door open, lining up so they can each watch inconspicuously. Jimmy's on the floor, Ziva crouching over him with Tony above her and McGee on the top. With just their heads sticking out the door, they see Nick walk straight past Jack, who looks to the bathroom confused. Seeing the rest of them hiding, Jack races back to them, squeezing between Jimmy and Ziva.