Chapter 26- Punch

Nick's POV:

"Heeeyy!" I yell and run for the door. Did he just do what I think he just did?

"El!" I shout, breaking the door and whirling in on a scene I never imagined.

My girlfriend, Eleanor Bishop, pressed against a wall practically being swallowed by her ex husband.

Before I can get any further into the room there is a loud commotion. Ellie shoves Jake off of her and he stumbles back.

"Ellie! I've missed you so much! It felt good to have you in my arms again!" He smiles and looks at her politely.

Ellie seems so frazzled that she can't think of anything to say. She just whimpers furiously and storms out of the room.

I storm up to him and grab the scruff of his neck, pushing him against the wall.

"What the h*ll was that?!" I yell in his face.

He looks at me with fear in his eyes, as if he thinks I'm going to kill him. He isn't too far off. I make a fist and send it flying through the air, making direct contact with his temple.

He cries out in pain as his hand flies to his head.

I wind up again, but a hand takes the back of my shirt.

"Get off, McGee! I've got business to deal with!"

"Yeah, I know you do. Downstairs with Bishop!"

My hands release Jake immediately after hearing the voice which most definitely does not belong to Tim. Gibbs is standing there, holding me and before I know it I've been shoved into the hall. Right before the door (or what's left of it) closes, I see Jake wiping his mouth off fervently.

"Didn't even enjoy it." I mutter to myself as I run down the stairs to find Ellie. "What level of stupid do you need to be at to not enjoy kissing Ellie?"

I round the corner and see her pacing. Surprisingly, she looks more worried than angry.

"Nick!" She exclaims when she sees me. "I didn't kiss him! He came at me, I swear! I would never do that to you!" She runs and thumps into me, her arms around my neck and her head on my shoulder. "I promise I didn't..."

"I know, baby. I saw everything."

"You did?" She asks, relieved, looking me in the eyes.

"Yeah. Even if I didn't, I would believe you. I love you."

"I love you too, Nick."

She reaches up and gives me a kiss before letting me go. Ellie licks her lips and smiles at me, then turns around upon hearing McGee's voice coming near.

"Are you okay, Ellie?!" He asks concerned.

"I'm fine. Is Jake okay?"

"Yeah."

"Darn. Gibbs didn't beat him?"

"Nope. Nick did." McGee smiles.

She turns to me, her mouth hanging open. "You did?"

I shrug. "I only punched him once."

Ellie smirks, then sighs happily. "Why do you get to have all the fun?"

Gibbs jogs down the steps and sits at his desk.

"Bishop, check Clark's financial records. Torres, recent phone calls and emails. McGee, background check on his time with the NSA. Now!"

"Where's Jake?" I ask, and Gibbs gives me a look.

"Conference room. And he'll stay there until we need him."

"So forever." Ellie mutters.