Chapter 51- Sweet Dreams

"YOU! You killed Jake!!! Didn't you!"

I stammer, taken back by hot breath right in my face.

"Y-yes! I did! He deserved it too!" I yell back. Obviously I'm not going to tell her Nick killed him.

She takes a menacing step towards me and I try to take a step back. Of course, I step with broken leg and I fall like a rock to the ground. Just my luck.

My eyes widen and I try to slide back on the floor.

She begins laughing, cackling really. Stepping closer, she bends down so her face is less than 2 feet away from me.

The stench from her mouth makes my gag and she punches me across the face. I can feel blood trickling down my cheek and I glare up at her.

The mountain in front of me begins chortling maniacally and stands straight, reaching once again for her gun.

I take the second needle and jab it into her foot. Another demon like cry escapes her lips and she roars at me.

"I'm gonna make you SUFFER!! You'll bleed out!!"

That's pleasant.

I don't know what I'm going to do, but I need to do it fast. My surroundings begin to blur as she punches my head again, blood sprouting from my temple this time.

I take the scissors in my hand and whip them out, holding them open against her ankle.

"If you shoot, I cut." I say as confidently as I can, though I know the scissors won't do much, if any damage.

"Oh no! I'm sooooo scared!" She puts on a high voice, then laughs again.

Suddenly I'm looking straight down the barrel of the gun and I freeze. I'm going to die sitting on the floor of a hospital. I'm going to die before I save Nick, before I get to tell him how much I really love him. I wasn't actually planning on dying today!

I look up at Melinda and she grins. "Sweet dreams."