Chapter 33- Crime Scene

Gibbs POV: 9:37pm the same day

I slam the breaks when I see Jack's and DiNozzo's cars on the side of the road.

"Ahh!" Kasie shouts as she hits the side of the car, McGee sliding into her.

"First time riding with Gibbs, Miss Hines?" Leon asks, but I'm out of the car before I hear Kasie's sarcastic response.

"Jack!" I yell, and she turns around. Ziva and Tony are on the ground, huddled around some scrap.

"Gibbs! Good and bad news! The good news is that we found the phones! The bad news is... they're broken." Jack steps aside, showing 2 cracked and flat phones lying on the pavement, clearly run over.

"I don't know boss. These are pretty smooshed. I don't think even Abby could get anything off them." Tony looks up at Gibbs while Ziva stands up.

"Sloane has identified the color of the phone case on the left to belong to Eleanor. We are going under the assumption that the one on the right is Jake's." Ziva points to each phone as she explains their findings.

"Okay." I sigh and slap a pair of gloves on my hands. "We need to analyze this. We need to find Bishop."

"Where are we supposed to test it? The lab is under lockdown." Kasie asks.

"We'll worry about that later. Bag and tag, McGee."

"Gibbs! Can I?" Jack takes my elbow and leads me away from the group.

"How are you holding up, Gibbs?" She asks me gently. Her eyes penetrate mine and I squint in order to avoid the pulling sensation.

"Jack, I can't talk now. I've got to-"

"I know, I know, I just wanted to know how you're doing, how you're handling the whole... situation."

"Well, Jack, I'll be handling it a whole lot better once we have Bishop back."

I turn and walk away from her, but I hear her following me.

Once we have Bishop, it's just the good stuff left. Beating the crud out of Malloy.

Vance joins us and clears his throat, indicating for everyone to listen.

"Good news everybody. The Hazmat team has narrowed down the infected places to Autopsy, the elevator and Investigation room 1. Dr. Palmer tested negative, and Agent Torres has already been given the antidote. Excluding the three previously mentioned areas, we are free to continue working in the building."

Kasie and McGee cheer, happy to get their computers back.

"Kasie, David and McGee. Go back. Kasie, you start running forensics and McGee, find everything you can on Jake. Ziva, you help him." Gibbs orders and they all nod head for the car we came in.

"I'm going to go with them. I'm sure the SecNav is going to want a debriefing." Vance turns and follows them, so it's just Tony, Jack and I left.

"Boss, what happened? From the beginning?"

I quickly explain everything and notice Jack's eyes get wider and wider as Tony's face gets grimmer and grimmer.

"And that's why we need to keep looking for more evidence!" I yell and squat down next to Tony.

"We're not gonna find anything, not with it this dark! We need to head back. We can help track down Malloy." Tony looks at me.

I don't want to admit it, but he's right. I can't see anything in this light.

"Get in the car." I say and Jack and I climb in the front seat, Tony behind us and we trail McGee's car.

——
I'm back lol