Chapter 25- The Kiss

Gibbs stands and leaves the room, meeting a frustrated Ellie and Nick in the hall.

"Is that it?" Nick asks.

Gibbs nods and walks away.

"That's it?!" Ellie repeats angrily.

"I guess so." Nick replies annoyed.

Without a moments hesitation, Ellie turns and walks straight into the investigation room, locking the door behind her.

"Ellie!" Nick bangs on the door then runs into the observation room with McGee.

"Ellie, what's going on?" Jake asks imploringly.

"I told you. It's Bishop."

"Just- just tell me what's happening! I'm your partner! Not a suspect."

"You're not my partner. You haven't been in years."

"This again? I thought this was all behind us!"

Ellie glares at him for a minute, debating. She could try to get more information about the hack and risk getting in trouble, or she could give a show of her power. That's it.

She picks up his file and rips it slowly in two, tossing the pieces onto the table.

"Unfortunately, your file was damaged and we lost some of your information." She takes a heavy seat in front of him and takes out a pen.

"Full name."

"Seriously? You just ripped my file!"

Ellie gives him a look and he sighs in exasperation.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Jacob Allen Malloy." He leans back in his chair annoyed, and gruffly pulls a stick of chapstick out of his pocket, applying it mockingly.

"Home address."

"1313 South Beach Lane." He responds annoyed.

Funny. Beach sounds a whole lot like another B word.

"Date of birth."

"Oh come on! This is ridiculous! You know my birthday! We went out to dinner on my birthday! Don't you remember?"

"I try not to. Date. Of. Birth."

"This is stupid." Jake stands as if ready to leave and Ellie leaps up.

"Sit you god dang butt back in the chair!"

"Why?"

"I need to finish your file!"

"All the information you need is in the file on the table!"

"You need to tell me what the date is."

"No I don't."

"Am I speaking a different language right now?"

"You're speaking my language." Jake says, his eyes pouring into hers. She blinks confusedly, caught off guard.

"What?!"

Immediately, Jake takes her shoulders and presses her against the wall. He roughly takes her face and pulls her to him, pressing his lips on hers.