Chapter 43- Ambulance

Nick's POV

Did I just say that out loud?

"I didn't! Why would I want to kill the person I want to marry?!"

I did. Weeeell heck. That wasn't supposed to happen.

I feel the pressure fade slightly as Jack sits back, staring at me in surprise.

"You want to marry her?" She asks. Her voice sounds surprised, but happy too. That's good, that Jack supports us. I'm still a little fuzzy on where everyone stands with my relationship with Ellie. To be fair, the fuzziness might be coming from the massive blood loss pouring out of my abdomen.

"Yes, eventually." I respond, covering up my mistake. Well it's not a mistake, because I do want to marry her. I just don't want to wait for eventually. I have a feeling though that proposing to her a week after we started dating while both of us are in the hospital and her ex husband was just murderer might not be the best idea.

"Well," Jack continues casually. "How soon is eventually?" I can tell she's trying to find the nicest way to be nosy.

"I don't know. When it feels right. And now definitely doesn't feel right." I clench my jaw as a particularly unbearable wave of pain washes over me.

Jack shakes her head, as if clearing it, and turns to Green.

"Did you call the ambulances?"

"I called an ambulance." The cop answers.

"AN ambulance? ONE ambulance for TWO people?" Jack emphasizes the numbers incredulously.

"I thought she was dead!" Green tries to defend herself. She'll need to save her defenses for when Gibbs finds out she shot me.

To everyone's relief, a siren reaches our ears and an ambulance pulls up, followed by 2 cop cars. Some EMTs rush out and load me and Ellie on to stretchers. I turn my head to look at her and see that her face is whiter than paper. Her chest isn't rising, and her face shows no sign of movement. God I hope she's alive.

As they're loading her into the ambulance, I see Jack, Green and a few others cops arguing.

"I do not run a drug ring!!" Jack exclaims as Green slaps a pair of handcuffs around her wrists.

After handing Jack over to the chief of police, Green walks away proudly. I see the chief place his hand on Jack's head as he carefully guides her into the cop car.

"I'm not part of a drug ring! I work for NCIS!"

"Yeah, I believe you. Green isn't the best cop we've got, I'd be surprised if her career is with us. Our psychologist recommends we test her more extensively for a mental health issue. But just in case, I've got to take you down to the station. You understand, right?" The Chief explains and before I can hear a response I'm getting loaded into the ambulance.

Ellick "Painless"जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें