Chapter 58- Together Forever

Pulling in to the NCIS parking lot, the trio heads into the building. After receiving a hug from every member of the team, Jack leads them up the steps.

"Ellie had been saying how she wants a break from everything to have a nice night with you, Nick. And I knew how much stress you two have gone through lately, so I called Ziva and Kasie and had them set this up for you two."

Standing in front of the door to the roof, Jack beams at both of them, then swings the door open.

"Oh-" Kasie exclaims, not expecting them to be there so soon.

"Um, surprise!" She and Ziva cry out, throwing the flower petals they were supposed to have scattered into the air, letting them flutter down on their heads.

They're standing in front of a small card table, which has a pizza box and a bouquet of flowers on it. A picnic blanket had been strewn across the floor as well, along with some dim pixie lights strung hurriedly above the door.

"Oh my gosh!" Ellie cries out, taking it all in. "You guys!" Forgetting about her broken ankle, she spins in the spot to hug Jack, then quickly moves on to squeeze Kasie and Ziva until they were practically suffocating.

"Wow Jack, really, I..." Nick trails off, looking at the area the girls had set up. "This is amazing, thank you so much."

"You even got a pizza!" Ellie laughs as she pulls the box open, then falters.

"There's two slices missing?"

"Tony and McGee ambushed us downstairs. We saved what we could." Ziva says in an all too serious voice.

"We'll go. Let you have some alone time." Kasie giggles, then ushers Jack and Ziva off the rooftop.

"I can't believe they set this up just for us." Ellie sighs in amazement.

"It's beautiful." Nick agrees with her, then turns to face El.

"You know what's more beautiful?"

"What?" She blushes, knowing what's coming.

"You." He replies cheesily, lifting her head and kissing her.

As creepy as it sounds, Tony, Ziva, Tim, Jack, Kasie, Jimmy and even Tali had all crowded around the small window in the door, watching the couple on the balcony embrace.

"They really do make such a cute couple."

"It's about time they get time to themselves."

"It's so genuine."

"I think he's my uncle now."

Tali's comment causes a snort from Tony and everyone has to muffle their laughter.

Outside, Ellie pulls her lips slowly away from Nick's, resting her forehead in his.

"Should we tell them we can hear them?" She whispers silently.

"Nah." Was his breathy response. "Then we'd have to talk to them and end our time."

He pulls her in for another kiss and she giggles.

"Well I wouldn't want that to happen."

After a few more seconds of kissing, they pull away, and Nick stands behind Ellie. His arms twist around her waist as he leans his head on her shoulder, her hands holding his in place.

Together, peacefully, and completely in love, the couple watches the sun set over the busy streets of Washington D.C.

And that's it ladies and gents, I hope you enjoyed