Chapter 29- Jylinex

General:

Nick is sitting on one of the autopsy tables, shirtless with Gibbs and Jimmy around him.

"Okay Nick! I took some tests, so we should have the results back soon." Jimmy smiles at Nick, but falters when he sees his face.

"Nick? Hello?" Jimmy waves his hand in front of Torres' face. Nick seems to snap out of an awake slumber.

"Huh?" He asks, dazed.

"He said you'll get your test results soon." Gibbs repeats loudly.

It takes Nick a few seconds to realize Gibbs is speaking, and turns his head very slowly. He is staring at Gibbs for at least 10 seconds after he finished talking. Only then does his sentence process, and Nick nods slowly.

"O...okay."

The autopsy doors open and Kasie walks in.

"Hey guy- whoa! Nick! I didn't know you have an 8 pack!"

Nick turns his head slowly to her, then down to his abs.

"Kase?!" Gibbs exclaims, implying for her to explain why she came down.

"Right! Okay, I ran fingerprint recognition on the gun the FBI found at the crime scene and Melinda Dooley definitely fired it. She has to be the murderer."

"Good work, Kase." Gibbs nods and stands to find McGee, but Tim comes through the doors.

"Hey Kasie? You were in the elevator last, right?"

"Um, yeah. Why?"

"Well I found this chapstick on the floor of the elevator and I didn't know if it was yours." Tim replies.

"Nope. Not mine. What flavor is it though? I know Ellie uses lemon."

McGee uncaps it and sniffs. "I can't tell."

He holds it out to Kasie who takes a whiff. Immediately, she slaps the bottom of McGee's hand, sending the chapstick flying across the room.

"What was that for?" Tim asks annoyed.

"Did you put that on?" Kasie yells at him.

"No! Of course not! Why would I use someone's chapstick? Why would it matter anyway?"

"Because that smells like Jylinex!" She cries.

"Jylinex?!" Jimmy exclaims. "Why would anyone put Jylinex in chapstick?"

"I don't know, but we have to quarantine it!" Kasie runs to the emergency button and presses it, sending the building into lockdown.
——
Yes, I made up my own poison lol