Chapter 47- Test

Trigger Warning: Mentions of assault

Ziva's POV:

We watch as Ellie and Nick speak silently.

Reaching over to Tony, I take his hand in mine, interlacing our fingers and tugging him closer to me. He bumps his shoulder against mine, and I push back gently.

I know what it's like to talk without words. Tony and I did it for years before I left. Only the ones who truly understand and love you can look into your eyes and see words, because it isn't your eyes that speak. It's your soul, and few can see another's soul.

I can see Tony's, he can see mine. Clearly Nick can see Ellie's, and Ellie his. McGee has his soulmate, Jimmy had and lost his just like Vance. Kasie's still searching. I believe Gibbs is a special case. He already met his soulmate, started a family with her, lost her. Very few people have come even slightly close to seeing his true self since Shannon, but from what I can see, Jack has made it further than any.

I find myself startled out of my thoughts by Ellie speaking again.

"Um, how are you feeling?"

"Uh, good."

Tony and I look at each other, and I gesture with my head for him to say something.

He shakes his head no, as if I'm crazy.

The door bursts open and a nurse rushes into the room.

"Agent Bishop! You're supposed to be in bed!" He exclaims, but stops short when he sees everyone crowded in such a small area.

"I apologize, but when I told Agent Gibbs that Agent Torres was awake and he could go visit, I meant him. Not him and his posse."

"We're not his posse. We're his team." Jack says, looking the nurse up and down.

The nurse, Nurse Broder, sighs.

"I didn't mean it that way, I'm sorry. Agent Bishop, you need to come with me."

"But I'm fine! It's just a broken ankle, and a concussion! I made it all the way down the hall by myself!" She argues.

"I am aware that you aren't in critical condition, but we still need to monitor how you're doing." The nurse explains patiently. "If all is well you'll be out tomorrow afternoon."

"Fine." Ellie mopes. "On the way out the door, she turns to the nurse and asks a question.

"Do you think I could take a pregnancy test?"

The nurse nods and ushers her out the door.

I look at Nick, surprised. They haven't been together for very long, and she's been kidnapped for most of it. Everyone else is looking at him bewilderedly, and I become even more confused when I see that he's as baffled as we are.

"We didn't..." Nick begins, but Jack cuts him off.

"She's worried about the gap." And then Jack rushes out the door.

"The gap?" Kasie asks.

"In her memory." Vance fills in. "She's afraid Malloy assaulted her."

Nick eyes blaze and the room falls silent.

"She was in the same clothes!" He says. "If he hurt her I'm gonna..." he trails off, remembering that he already killed him.

I can't imagine what must be going on in Bishop's head.