Chapter 1 - An Unlikely Guardian

The Show Victorious, its characters and other associated copyrights are property of someone else and not me.

Someone to watch over me.

Chapter 1 - An unlikely guardian.

Jade's POV

In all my years of existence, there are certain types of voices that have come to really annoy me. The one I was hearing, over the light jazz music in this upscale bar, was one of them. Here I am trying to drink quietly and enjoy the atmosphere, when I hear this young woman in the next booth with this really nasally voice.

She kept going on and on to her friends about some person named Todd and how he's going to make millions at the brokerage house he just got a job with.

Glancing over, I could see they all looked like young rich types. They had their hair done, dresses by Dolce and Gabbana, fancy shoes, the works. There were 4 of them. The woman with the terrible voice, was a striking looking blonde with a short bob cut and an angelic face. She wore a red dress and had a beautiful diamond tennis bracelet. She seemed to make an effort to show it off, a lot. Everything about her said money.

But beyond her good looks, the more I hear from her, the more I hate her. She's obviously the queen bee of her little group. From what I can overhear, hear her boyfriend, Todd, is about to propose. I'm starting to feel very sorry for Todd.

"When do you think he'll pop the question?" Asked one of the girls at the table.

"I'm thinking he's going to do it in a few weeks. I think he's planning something special in the Hampton's. I heard him talking to his dad about borrowing the beachfront home for something."

"I'm so happy for you." Said a second girl, with a happy squeal.

"I know. He'll make millions and I'll just do what I do. Spend and look fabulous. My daddy is talking to a producer friend of his to get me my own reality show. I'll be bigger than the Kardashians." The annoying girl said with a snobbish and confident tone of voice.

"I'll bet he's going to get you a beautiful ring." Said the first girl.

The annoying girl let out a strange laugh. "It had better be, 2 carrots minimum."

"or what?" said the 2nd girl with a puzzled expression.

"Or he finds a new girlfriend."

Just looking at her I could tell, she wasn't kidding. Her friends all laughed it off, as if it were the funniest thing in the world.

That's when I decided to kill her. Right then and there. I smiled and ordered another martini as I waited for the group to make their next move. Its past 9 o'clock and I'm guessing, the group would probably hit one of the exclusive nightclubs that dot New York.

I sat there patiently waiting and listening to her loudly talk about how rich and beautiful she was. It was her, I'm better than everyone else, attitude that sealed her fate. By all means, I'm much richer, more beautiful and thousand times more deadly than she is, but I don't feel the need to broadcast it to everyone in earshot.

They left the bar and I discreetly followed them. Being a creature of the night, that was 2nd nature for me. I barely had to even think about it. They piled into, I think hers, white Escalade and they took off. I followed in my Black Mustang. I usually drive something nice but not too pricy, when I'm on the hunt. Really pricy cars attract attention and I don't want to attract attention. I hadn't really planned to feed on anyone tonight. I am a vampire of course, but I've always been a bit different than the rest.