Chapter 23 - Cross and double cross

Disclaimer: The show Victorious, its characters and other associated copyrights are property of someone else and not me.

Someone to watch over me.

Chapter 23 – Cross and double cross

No One's POV

It had been about a month since Tori and Jade's encounter with Olaf, the now deceased head of the Aesir. Since then, Jade had decided to be a bit more cautious, though nothing in itself happened. Once or twice, she was sure she was being followed for a time, but nothing ever came of it.

As far as the council, Jade didn't hear so much as a peep. That to her, meant that as far as they were concerned, her wasting Olaf didn't bother them. After all, she removed a trouble maker and solved one of their problems. Jade felt confident that there would be little trouble stemming from this incident.

Jade in this case was wrong, very wrong.

Late one night, about an hour before sunrise Jade was lounging on the couch watching the classic 60's horror film, night of the living dead. Tori was sleeping having been studying hard for her final exams that were taking place this week. In fact, Tori had one at noon.

Suddenly Jade's cell phone rang. Jade grunted in annoyance and picked up the phone. From the caller Id she could see it was one of her underlings who ran her businesses for her. His name was Klaus and he was in charge of Jade's European businesses.

"Klaus, what is it." Jade growled.

About 10 minutes later, Tori was awakened by Jade.

"Baby...Tori....Wake up."

Tori wearily opened her eyes to see Jade sitting on the bed. "Can we have sex a bit later? I'm sleepy."

Jade sighed. "I'm sorry to wake you. But it's not for sex. I have to fly to Russia right away."

Tori suddenly sat up in bed. "What? Why?"

"The Aesir couldn't get to me directly. My security here is 2nd to none. But they've hit one of my businesses outside of St. Petersburg. It's a high-tech firm. They broke in and killed several employees that were working late. The locals say that the same group is probably responsible for a number of disappearances in the area recently. I'm going to fly there right away and put a stop to it. I have a private Jet, where I can block the windows and travel during the day."

"How will you find them?"

"Well, I don't know where their hiding, but it won't take me long to figure out where. I'm going to destroy the fuckers. I'll be back in a few days."

Tori nodded and ran her hand through her hair. "Ok. I wish I could come with you, but I have an my last exam today."

"I know baby. Just one thing, as long as I am away. You are not to go out at night. You stay inside."

"Ok. I'll go to my exam at noon and come right back." Tori then whimpered slightly. "I'll miss you."

Jade kissed Tori on the forehead. "I'll miss you too. Gotta go. Good luck with your exam. I love you."

"I love you too Jade."

Tori sighed and lay back down to go to sleep.

Jade on the other hand arranged for her driver to take her to the airport. After getting the jet fueled and ready to go, Jade boarded her private Jet just as the sun was coming up. Soon Jade was on her way towards St. Petersburg in her private Jet. Unlike other private Jets, the windows were covered and a coffin was in the main cabin.

Tori went back to sleep, hoping Jade would return very soon. Hours later, Tori woke, showered, got dressed and went to class, driving one Jades "normal" cars to college. She took her exam and then went straight back to the parking structure, so she could go right home.