Chapter 8 - Reaching out

Disclaimer: The Show Victorious, its characters and other associated copyrights are property of someone and not me.

Someone to Watch over me

Chapter 8 - Reaching out

No one's POV

A/N: You'll learn a bit more about Jade's past in this chapter.

Tori after having her purse snatched, had no choice but to walk home. She had gotten 5 blocks when she saw a police car coming down the street. After flagging it down, she reported the crime. The police took her statement and drove her home, even making sure she got in her apartment. Tori had made the point to mention her father was an L.A. Police Lieutenant and knew that police were generally good at taking care of their own.

At home, Tori was tired and still very upset. She also needed to cancel her credit and bank cards and a get her phone replaced. But sitting alone in her apartment, a question suddenly popped into her head.

"Why did Jade leave me alone?"

Tori knew the answer of course, she asked Jade to leave her alone. But that brought a second question.

"If Jade is an evil vampire, then why is she doing as I asked?"

While not having an answer, a memory sprung to mind. "I love you." Those three words spoken by Jade, that morning in the alley. Tori assumed at first that was simply a lie, she was sure of it. She was also just as sure that Jade was hiding somewhere in the shadows.

Tori since the day she discovered the truth, didn't want to admit for a second, she missed Jade. She brutally suppressed any thought of it. But it remained a seed buried deep in her subconscious.

Now with those additional questions and the revelation that Jade had abided by her wishes, that seed began to grow. Out of that more questions would eventually come as well. The seed wouldn't sprout right then and there, Tori was still very hurt and angry. As the next couple of weeks past Tori found herself thinking about Jade again and again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jade after doing away with Gene, retreated back to her penthouse to sulk more. The next day she saw on the news about the brutal murder of a Staten Island Insurance executive named Gene Miller. A brief bio of him said he was a pillar of the community and regular attendee of his local church. Police said they didn't have any suspects, but unconfirmed reports said the police thought he was slain by a male prostitute. Before turning off the TV, Jade saw his obviously distraught wife on the news report. Jade turned if off before they could even try to interview her.

"Life's a bitch Mrs. Miller. Get used to it. You picked a creep, you lost." Jade muttered as she left the room.

Jade stayed in another week before venturing out again. This time she went out to have adrink at that upscale Jazz bar she frequented sometimes. It was a Friday and they would have live music, which Jade usually enjoyed.

Jade was listening to a pretty decent jazz combo and on her 2nd Martini when a Tall handsome gentleman with short spiky hair, striking blue eyes, who was wearing a expensive business suit sat at her table. He smiled at Jade and motioned for the waitress to come over.

"I'd knew I would find you here Jade." He said casually.

Jade frowned and finished her drink. "Why are you bothering me Ivan?"

Ivan smiled warmly. "Oh my name is now Christopher. Christopher Parkhurst."

Jade's frown grew more distinct. "You didn't answer my question. Why are you bothering me? Did the council send you? I kept my end of the bargain. I stay out of their business and I keep my secrets. They leave me alone in return."